Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

EVOLghost 10.29.2010 04:46 PM

I can agree with yer top 3 atsonic. just sub in regular tetris..

noisereductions 10.29.2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I can agree with yer top 3 atsonic. just sub in regular tetris..

His #1 is Tetris Attack which is NOTHING like Tetris. Tetris Attack is a Panel de Pon game.

atsonicpark 10.29.2010 10:53 PM

to quote hg101:
You know, I just don't like Tetris. It's not that Tetris is a BAD game, persay. It's just that you...stack blocks and make them disappear until the game gets too fast for you to keep up. I guess it's an ingenious game, but it seems like the video game equivalent to lite FM. Sure, you can try for a high score, but it's all rather aimless - a decent waste of five minutes, at best. But for most people - nongamers, mostly - Tetris became one of the most addicting games on the planet. And where there's a good idea, there's bound to be some golddiggers, prying in for part of the bounty.

don't get me wrong, I've spent hours and hours playing Tetris, but it's my least-favorite puzzle game ever, by far. I recognize its "importance" but yeah.

EVOLghost 10.30.2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
His #1 is Tetris Attack which is NOTHING like Tetris. Tetris Attack is a Panel de Pon game.

ah. never played tetris attack.

noisereductions 10.30.2010 02:36 PM

HG101 rules.

ink. 10.30.2010 02:59 PM

I dont know any of those puzzle games, and I get into a crazy trance when I play.. I'll have to look them up.

floatingslowly 10.30.2010 02:59 PM

pc game or DIE, bitches.

noisereductions 10.30.2010 03:28 PM

pffft

shabbray2.0 10.30.2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
pc game or DIE, bitches.

you really dont know what you ve said...you really cant imagine that...poor boy

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.30.2010 08:00 PM

So I was really in the mood for some SNES action...except I seem to have tragically misplaced my SNES AC Adapter, and had to improvise.

The two games I was craving most were Donkey Kong Country, and Super Metroid - and while a quick round of DK64 did little to fulfill my cravings; playing Metroid Fusion on my Gameboy Player has definitely been pretty satisfying.

shabbray2.0 10.30.2010 08:14 PM

^^one of my favourite metroids.
the grittyness of the gba sound is just an enhancement I think

noisereductions 10.30.2010 09:21 PM

Metroid Fusion is amazing.

shabbray2.0 11.01.2010 02:20 PM

I am playing Shining Soul 2 Like a mad man again.
still one of the best dungeon crawler Ive ever played. and again masafumi takada has proven to be one of the most talented music-heads in game history.

atsonicpark 11.01.2010 02:24 PM

Metroid Fusion is good, definitely the worst of the 2D Metroids, since it's way too damn easy. I had no problem with it whatsoever, and it felt like a retread of all the other Metroid games. Anyway, there's no such thing as a bad Metroid.

Except Other M.

noisereductions 11.01.2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Metroid Fusion is good, definitely the worst of the 2D Metroids, since it's way too damn easy. I had no problem with it whatsoever, and it felt like a retread of all the other Metroid games. Anyway, there's no such thing as a bad Metroid.

I hate the Prime games.

Anyway, I loved Fusion, and didn't find it tooo challenging except for Nightmare. That bass was the worst.

shabbray2.0 11.01.2010 04:55 PM

I love the first prime. but its a different game.
really dig the lush visuals/Ost kombo, very very nice. and it got no freaking loading times or to say it better you dont recognize them. it pulls you right in from the title screen

noisereductions 11.02.2010 08:11 AM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.03.2010 03:30 PM

Found $6 in the grocery store today while returning bottles, and decided to head to GameStop, and pick up a game. I originally bought this one at launch, and regrettably sold it later (along with most of my other favorite GC titles that I'm slowly starting to regain). Luckily, it cost me exactly 6 bucks, so I broke even.

Anyway, this game rules just as hard as I remember it. I remember the sequel being a huge disappointment in comparison. I also saw Super Monkey Ball Adventure at the store... I wonder how that one is.

This'll be a fun title to play with the gf later tonight.

I almost bought Indigo Prophecy for PS2. That game is brilliant! Has anyone played it? Really innovative stuff. I'd rather have it on XBOX though.

shabbray2.0 11.03.2010 03:53 PM

I got that around since a few years. and everytime I lay it down after 15 minutes. just not my cup of tea

EVOLghost 11.03.2010 04:17 PM

I am still on this DEmon Souls. I rerolled to a Wanderer. So much better.