Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

shabbray2.0 12.22.2010 09:09 AM

its not a rational fear.
and of course its not the fear of you turning 30, hahahah

SYRFox 12.22.2010 10:26 AM

i, however, am definitely afraid of seeing slavo turning 30.

_slavo_ 12.22.2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox
i, however, am definitely afraid of seeing slavo turning 30.

specify please.

shabbray2.0 12.22.2010 10:41 AM

loss of hair :)

SYRFox 12.22.2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
specify please.

i'm afraid that, approaching jesus' death age, you'll drop ambient music in favor of christian folk and begin posting prophetic lyrics.

SYRFox 12.22.2010 10:43 AM

speaking of prophecies :

shabbray2.0 12.22.2010 10:45 AM

check new threads for another one turned 30 today!!!

SYRFox 12.22.2010 10:47 AM

FUCK NOW THAT IS A CONSPIRACY

shabbray2.0 12.22.2010 10:56 AM

three in a row including jesus

stu666 12.22.2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

30 and single, to be completely precise.

me too.

i turned 30 this year and i don't mind it. i think i will worry more when i'm 40!

shabbray2.0 12.22.2010 11:39 AM

at least as a man 50 will be badass!!! except the problems that might occur underneath the beltline

Derek 12.22.2010 11:44 AM

just wanna fuck bitches till i'm 80

shabbray2.0 12.22.2010 11:56 AM

its not a question of wanting, hrhrhr

SYRFox 12.22.2010 12:05 PM

THERES NO SUCH THING AS BITCHES WE BE TALKIN BOUT BIATCH

SYRFox 12.22.2010 12:05 PM

swag the fuck out

Derek 12.22.2010 12:17 PM

swagger is thru the roof bitch

shabbray2.0 12.23.2010 08:22 AM

ok, my christmas present panic is starting at the very moment.
every year the same, I wait buying anything till the last minute (to be honest last year I was going mad the first half of dec 24th, but this year I am invited by my grandma for breakfast)
argh!

EVOLghost 12.23.2010 08:45 AM

^ Dayum dood.

you do shopping on dec 24?

I thought shopping on Dec 23 was bad.

_slavo_ 12.23.2010 02:29 PM

aHHH, finally home. this has been one hell of a long drive home. i can get drunk, finally.

_slavo_ 12.24.2010 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
neat. did you have to go to work today?
i love not working.
the best thing, especially on a weekday off, is the start. waking up whenever i want to and enjoying coffee and cigs without pressure.
although i did wake up today, realizing i had no coffee. ok, got some, didnt even put normal clothes to go and buy it.

i had to, yes. i have no holiday yet, since i'm still in "probational" period (in our country, when you start a new job, you have 3 months of probational period, when your employer checks you out and in this 3 months you have no holiday)
by the way, it is very likely that i will be travelling to Athens on an occasional basis with my new job, so i might see you sometimes in the future.
merry christmas!

loubarret 12.26.2010 07:13 AM

oh god...

atsonicpark 01.21.2011 11:32 PM

yo syrfox

get all the cocoon recordings compilations you can. All are arranged by letter. I have em all on my one of my 4 soulseek ... BaD-CooL ... accounts. I spend 25% of my time at 4 different houses, if you're wondering, each one has a different computer of mine -- one is shared -- and each has a diff slsk with different files. Haha. But the BaD-CooL one is... yep. cocoon recordings - cocoon compilations a-j. That's like 10 albums.

Each one has the most cutting edge inventive mindblowing electronic stuff ever. Exclusive tracks, natch, from some of the most exciting and mindbending artists to ever work in electronic music, past present and future. I mean, if you wanna flat-out discover some new geniuses to spend all your time listening to, here ya go. Track after track of completely unconventional brilliant stuff. People always ask "who's the next Autechre?" or whatever. Basically, who's the next person to push electronic music beyond its limits. I think you will find your answer consistently amongst Cocoon's roster, represented with great respect (I mean, they regularly let these songs go on for 8+ minutes; no edits here).

I'm not ahuge fan of compilations but since electronic music is so consistent, some of my favorite albums -- NIGHT SLUGS, 5 YEARS OF HYPERDUB, ACID ATTACK, and so on -- in this genre have been compilations. Maybe cuz they never get old, and even though there are some base similarities by default, there are enough differences to make every track fresh and exciting, even with tons of artists you never have heard of. It's so easy to jump right in and listen to a fresh batch of brilliant new electronic artists.

cocoon recordings - cocoon compilations... experimental electronic gold, basically.

SYRFox 01.22.2011 05:46 AM

thanks a lot ! getting all of these now. i don't know much cocoon except for extrawelt and minilogue, but that's a label i've always wanted to investigate, had no idea they did these comps. so thanks for that !

i love electronic music compilations myself, though i used to hate compilations. a lot of the cds i buy as of late are compilations and mixes. i'm about to buy a huge load of rinse cd mixes - you really should check out rinse 08 mixed by alexander nut and rinse 11 mixed by oneman, they're excellent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Maybe cuz they never get old, and even though there are some base similarities by default, there are enough differences to make every track fresh and exciting, even with tons of artists you never have heard of. It's so easy to jump right in and listen to a fresh batch of brilliant new electronic artists.

i think you summed it well. plus they're a good means to check out all those brilliant artists right after !

SYRFox 01.22.2011 06:14 AM

oh and by the way man. check out john roberts' album that came out in 2010, glass eights. it's brilliant.

SYRFox 01.22.2011 10:03 AM

for some reason the download won't start... always "fails"... don't know what's going on.

_slavo_ 02.04.2011 10:18 AM

Have a nice weekend, all of you.

stu666 02.04.2011 10:25 AM

and you Slavo! you got any plans?

_slavo_ 02.04.2011 10:41 AM

yes, i'm going to Prague! Ypiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!

SYRFox 02.04.2011 12:01 PM

nice weekend to you as well slavo ! though it sounds like you definitely will ! :) prague is one of those cities i'd like to visit one day.

_slavo_ 02.04.2011 01:56 PM

i'll go there for one evening only (it's easy to get there because it's close to Bratislava) but i'll have a blast I guess.

what are you up to, Fox?

SYRFox 02.05.2011 01:21 AM

Not much, or too much, my life is kind of crazy as of late. The exam is approaching (it's in late april / early may) so the amount of work we've got to do is increasing, plus i do some work on my own in order to increase my chances - though really, they are quite weak -, it's getting a bit frenetic.
And it turns out I may get in a relationship again with my ex-girlfriend, which was totally unexpected, that's quite great.
And I've never bought as many CDs as I do now ahah

_slavo_ 02.12.2011 06:07 AM

hello people,

i just discovered Ableton live and got my first Midi Controller (AKAI MPK mini) ... i can't believe how could i be making music for so long witout these things.

here's my first little track made using the aforementioned ... it's gonna take some time before i get full grip of the system so have some patience with me :)

http://soundcloud.com/casicadaminuto...opola2/s-p2jxZ

SYRFox 02.12.2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

hello people,

i just discovered Ableton live and got my first Midi Controller (AKAI MPK mini) ... i can't believe how could i be making music for so long witout these things.

here's my first little track made using the aforementioned ... it's gonna take some time before i get full grip of the system so have some patience with me :)

http://soundcloud.com/casicadaminuto...opola2/s-p2jxZ

Ableton Live is awesome... and so is this track!
Did you only use Live for this one?

I use Ableton Live with a Novation Launchpad myself

and it's really great.

_slavo_ 02.12.2011 02:41 PM

i used Ableton Live and Absynth VST for this track, plus external samples (field recording inside a running bus)

nicfit 02.14.2011 05:04 AM

Yep, I know them since they were Zurich Against Zurich.
Opened for SY in bolzano too as a trio, Golden Jooklo Age, with another guy I know ( "CEO" of 8mm records :D). I think I put some pics on here (of the sy night).
Virginia recorded a live album with Corsano.
Fun fact: I have NONE of 8mm releases except for a "My name is Rar Rar" mini cd.

_slavo_ 02.14.2011 05:46 AM

thanks for the kind words toward my track, nefeli. it's still just a demo, needs lots of work.

nicfit 02.14.2011 05:54 AM

now I'm thinking, were they a trio or quartet for the sy opening?
dunno, can't remember, can't sleep.
Yes the track sounds nice and somehow "natural", slavo, and that's a good thing considering you used "new gear" for it.
Btw, do you still have some copies of the jesus stickers release or are they all gone?

_slavo_ 02.14.2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Yes the track sounds nice and somehow "natural", slavo, and that's a good thing considering you used "new gear" for it.
Btw, do you still have some copies of the jesus stickers release or are they all gone?

Yes, i'm also surprised how natural it sounds bearing in mind that i'm just starting to get a grip of how to map MIDI etc. But as it's all so intuitive and simple, i can't say nothing else than it's just a fantastic program, that Ableton.
You can control whatever you want in your VST instruments and effect in a matter of minutes. real piece of cake.

Unfortunately, we've sold all CDs already. I've got one package left at home, but that one's mine and i'd like to keep it.
Your package still hasn't arrived? Bummer!
Let me know and i'll refund you straight away.

nicfit 02.14.2011 07:28 AM

Sadly it hasn't arrived yet..I don't mind much about the money, I'm just bummed for having lost my chance to get one waaahaaaaa :( <--- (crying sound).
Next time I'll have you send stuff for me to someone in uk and then forward the package here ;) . Sounds a bit weird, but it could be safer and even faster somehow haha.

_slavo_ 02.14.2011 07:33 AM

or I'll come to Padova and have som farfalle penne gnocchi vermicelli bucatini fusilli fettuccine pappardelle lasagne trippoline fiori rotelle tortelloni with you.

L'affetto della folla romanista è stato per me il maggior conforto della mia carriera. Esso mi ha sostenuto sempre, mi ha spronato a prodigare ogni mia forza per la grandezza della Roma. Ho la più profonda gratitudine per gli sportivi della Capitale