Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

EVOLghost 04.03.2014 04:05 PM

I want a new stick

didn't realize they made the NON-game graphic version of this stick. I played on teh SC version of this stick but I feel like the base is a bit too large.

noisereductions 04.03.2014 04:23 PM

is the top one yrs? That's an HRAP, yeah?

EVOLghost 04.04.2014 08:51 AM

Nah the top one is the one I'm currently looking at. I just really love that design so much.

I have the one of these

I like it a lot. close buttons...the stick is a bit short...my only issue with it is that it's incredibly light and I constantly have to adjust it since it slides around quite a bit. Though...with the next gen consoles comin' out...I guess I'll just wait a bit.

Oh yeah! I have a PS360+ PCB in my stick(dualmodded for xbox) and you can actually update the PCB. They announced that they will have a firmware update to allow compatibility with the PS4....but not the XBONE(not that I care....for now).

noisereductions 04.04.2014 08:55 AM

that's nice dood.

I'm thinking for the future I might replace the 2 Agetecs on my Dreamcab w/ a legit Sega Astro City panel, and just use DC PCB's for a custom job inside.

EVOLghost 04.04.2014 09:00 AM

Uhhhh if you're replacing PCBs...REALLY look into the ps360+

They made it with compatible with a lot of hardware. I use my stick on PS2(you do need to rig or buy a special cable though)!!! Also no soldering necessary! So it's not a hassle!

http://www.focusattack.com/akishop-p...-joystick-pcb/

psx, ps2, ps3, (soon ps4), DC, PC, XBOX, XBOX360!!!

noisereductions 04.04.2014 09:19 AM

yeah I was looking at em on PlayAsia recently. The no-solder thing is a big plus for sure.

Sonic Youth 37 04.04.2014 04:01 PM

Rob Instigator 04.11.2014 10:36 AM

I wanna play this! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000592

noisereductions 04.11.2014 05:06 PM

N64 sucks.

ALIEN ANAL 04.11.2014 09:31 PM

Does any body here play Worms 2 Armageddon on Xbox 360?
It would be fun to have a SYG battle.

EVOLghost 04.11.2014 10:51 PM

I love worms...but I don't have a 360. Is it on steam?

ALIEN ANAL 04.11.2014 11:20 PM

I am not sure..what is steam?

EVOLghost 04.11.2014 11:57 PM

Currently GETTIG my ass handed to me in cvs2

EVOLghost 04.11.2014 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
I am not sure..what is steam?

Steam is a client? For pc games. They have a lot. Worms is pretty basic in terms of graphics n stuff so I can't see you needing a high end pc for it.

noisereductions 04.12.2014 08:28 AM

Steam is why I have no interest in new consoles...

EVOLghost 04.12.2014 10:37 AM

I understand...but mgs5(fanboy) and I love new consoles. Hopefully it'll be hacked. I kind of love them to be honest. I mean...they're really shitty now...but later when they're hacked n stuff there are more possibilities. I mean...I'm using it for old shit(ps3 is going to become my old school emulator) and yeah I can have it on my pc...but it's easier to have on the ps3. The ability to build
A digital library is a great idea to me. I'm from te digital age bro...hahaha...

(Quick post because I'm at work.)

noisereductions 04.12.2014 12:13 PM

Steam is by far my biggest digital library.

EVOLghost 04.12.2014 01:43 PM

Playing 'console' games on the pc is weird for me...I don't know why....it's a bit harder for me. I'd have old RPGs on my pc but rarely play them. When I had them on my ps3...it was a different story. Can't seem to explain it.

noisereductions 04.12.2014 02:05 PM

I don't know dood. I use a 360 pad for PC. Feels perfect.

an evening with viewtiful 04.14.2014 04:03 PM

Kirby's Dreamland 2... King DeeDeeDee is kicking my fucking ass.

EVOLghost 04.25.2014 08:50 AM

HYPER DRAGON BALL Z

YOoooo this is the DBZ fighting game we needed fr so long! The last one I had played was Burst Limit. That one was ok....but it was the same as the other ones....something flashy and easy....for the kids. This one play more like a capcom fighter...something along the lines of the x-men children of the atom and xmen vs sf(minus tag team).

Now this is being made by fans on the mugen engine. It actually plays quite well....I mean yeah it's a bit broken. I was started to play it last night at my friends house. I had to use his XBOX controller(forgot my stick) so I couldn't really test it out as much or learn the moves(that d-pad is impossible!). Anyways....I'm going to be learning that game for a minute....though I probably won't play it until tomorrow >< work tonight and probably SF3/CVS2 afterwards.

an evening with viewtiful 04.25.2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
HYPER DRAGON BALL Z

YOoooo this is the DBZ fighting game we needed fr so long! The last one I had played was Burst Limit. That one was ok....but it was the same as the other ones....something flashy and easy....for the kids. This one play more like a capcom fighter...something along the lines of the x-men children of the atom and xmen vs sf(minus tag team).

Now this is being made by fans on the mugen engine. It actually plays quite well....I mean yeah it's a bit broken. I was started to play it last night at my friends house. I had to use his XBOX controller(forgot my stick) so I couldn't really test it out as much or learn the moves(that d-pad is impossible!). Anyways....I'm going to be learning that game for a minute....though I probably won't play it until tomorrow >< work tonight and probably SF3/CVS2 afterwards.

I'm still addicted to Budokai Tenkaichi 3… I'm a sucker for the c-list characters that made the roster.

EVOLghost 04.25.2014 10:29 AM

I don't remember if I played it. I had a couple of the DBZ fighters Tekaichi 2 and burst limit I believe...but they get old too quickly. The probablem I have with it is that every combo is basically done for you....and too much cutscene animation. My friends and I would play burst limit...but I'd soon get bored as it feels like the same thing WITH every character. Perhaps it's the fact that I grew up playing SF...but yeah...I think this game is going to be pretty awesome.

EVOLghost 04.25.2014 11:51 AM

awwwww yeeeeuhhhh

loop cat 04.25.2014 12:17 PM

Rob Instigator 04.28.2014 08:28 AM

The legends are true http://www.chron.com/business/techno...ll-5431478.php

thousands of disposed ET Atari cartridges found in landfill in New Mexico

EVOLghost 04.30.2014 11:19 AM

^ possible hoax?

new setup(for noiseredux to see)

EVOLghost 04.30.2014 11:22 AM

ALSO NOISE REDUX! RECOMMEND ME SOME STEAM GAMES. Do they have any SHMUPS on there?

I got a PSP emulator on my PC and am downloading Parodius, Salamander, and TwinBee games...

EVOLghost 05.24.2014 09:29 AM

Tournaments are hella fun. Especially when the OG's are there....Last night we actually had a little audience for our 3s matches(SF3 is NOT DEAD...on life support...but not dead)....lol it was probably because we'd get hype for the smallest things sometimes. parry>360 grab(it's not hard)? "OHHHHHHHHH!!" but yeah....I love the fucking crowds.....and mainly the Old man game crowds. People come with ACTUAL arcade boards to play SF2:Super Turbo, SFEX2+, CVS2....shit was mad fun.

oh...and Ricky Ortiz smells pretty.

EVOLghost 05.28.2014 10:45 AM

EVOLghost 05.28.2014 11:37 PM

now I"m playing zombies ate my neighbors....I'm trygin to see how far I can get legit....well...not really legit....but no cheats....(i'm saving my state on each stage)

EVOLghost 06.03.2014 09:12 AM

went to the bar, played some SF2:CE, then went to the LAN center where I got my 3s and CvS2 on. fuck yeh.

Rob Instigator 06.12.2014 08:29 AM

Got my ebay-purchased used xbox 360 to replace the one with red ring of death and started motherfucking SKYRIM!

Turned it on at 9 PM, and next thing I knew it was 10:45!!!!!

EVOLghost 06.27.2014 10:11 AM

Street Fighter 4...because Ultra was released.

Elena....you my girl....but man did this engine just fuck everything.

vulva 07.06.2014 02:10 AM

been training for EVO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTyAXQzMmOY

tw2113 07.06.2014 01:00 PM

I've been doing the Metroid Prime trilogy in reverse order when I get some time to play. Finished Prime 3 a week or two ago or so, Finished Prime 2, will probably wait till next weekend to start the first.

noisereductions 07.06.2014 01:16 PM

sorry I missed yr posts Evol!!!!

Nice room :)

I just got a new HRAP VX-SA myself.

Umm Steam shmups, yeah. Legit port of Ikaruga w/ online score-boards, HD, tate... there's the Danmaku Unlimited games, the Gundemonium games, the eXceed games, Jamestown is crazy crazy good. Crimzon Clover. Feel like I'm missing some. But yeah good stuff.

Add me to yr Steam friends list - noiseredux

vulva 07.06.2014 02:06 PM

the VX-SA is a beautiful stick. Lately I've been using a Hori Fighting Edge for home play but since most locations use 360s for SF I bring my dual modded MCZ Chun Li TE.

EVOLghost 07.06.2014 02:27 PM

Nice. I want a chun Li stick. I would've bought one if I hadn't started on my 2nd stick(a guy was selling one for 100).
Vulva, I just got a hayabusa joystick...and I read something about modding the actual joystick itself to remove dead space for quicker inputs. From the feel now it seems fine. Have you done anything to the edge?

Noiseredux. Cool! Did you get the one like mine? Because I saw they made a new model that is like the Hori Soul Caliber stick. Or did you get the Kai? Not much difference other that the button/stick layout is spread out a bit more. Either way....Its a great stick. I had a problem with the fact it didn't have weights(because it would move around a lot), but not so much when I spread my legs to the rubber pegs. Anyways love dat stick.

noisereductions 07.06.2014 04:03 PM

nah not the Kai or anything, just the standard. I got it from a friend via very reasonable trade, so I'm really happy.