Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

EVOLghost 11.28.2012 06:45 PM

SPlatterhouse world record at my local arcadee!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRWokiTeSms&feature=plcp

EVOLghost 12.04.2012 11:29 AM

Sup noise. Let's fight on sf3 sometime yeh? I finally have a setup near my router so I don't have to play on wireless(2floors above teh router). Replaced the bulb on the 55" in mah basement so gettin' back to te hd!

floatingslowly 12.04.2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
by all accounts the new xcom game is supposed to be very good

It's really good (and was recently on Steam, on sale).

Turn-based strategy, heavy in tactics, squad customization and an "ant-farm" style base between combat missions.

So far, my sqaudleader Maj. Jico Jico and his Lt., Amy Pond are alien-killing machines. I nearly cried when Jico took a plasma-blast to the face, such is the investment you end up placing in your team-members.

My vidya game time is limited, but this has me enthralled.

Count Mecha 12.05.2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
It's really good (and was recently on Steam, on sale).

Turn-based strategy, heavy in tactics, squad customization and an "ant-farm" style base between combat missions.

So far, my sqaudleader Maj. Jico Jico and his Lt., Amy Pond are alien-killing machines. I nearly cried when Jico took a plasma-blast to the face, such is the investment you end up placing in your team-members.

My vidya game time is limited, but this has me enthralled.

I'd really like to get the new X-COM sometime, don't have the money to spend on it though. I've played the demo they have on Steam, definitely enjoyed what I got out of it. They made some changes from the original like, they made some I don't like, I think it'll be a good package.

From that steam sale though I went in with three friends and picked up castle crashers, that four pack deal, made it like 3 dollars. I'd played it on the 360 a few years back, and as someone who almost universally refers to the mouse/keyboard as the perfect control setup, CC plays better on the 360 I think. I really enjoyed the first half. But once you cross the ocean, I really feel the game starts to become kind of tired. The bosses especially feel pretty obnoxious, especially that corn cob boss. Alot of them just devolve into waiting games where you're just stalling and dodging crap until the boss makes himself vulnerable for like a second. Whatever, I still like it haha.

noisereductions 12.05.2012 09:01 PM

EVOLghost 12.11.2012 12:51 PM

http://www.playthirdstrike.com/

First time on PSN last night...and there are some good players :D.....pretty hpappy. Got blown up a few time too...:/

Parrrying sucks online too.

krastian 12.13.2012 01:57 PM

NBA2K13

Ghostchase 12.20.2012 06:25 PM

Beat Twilight Princess! Yay for me! So much fun!

EVOLghost 12.21.2012 09:17 AM

^ ghostchase!
(have you listened to JPN?!)

Anyways...still waiting to fight noiseredux on PSN....(I think I'll be making a return to the racketboy forum...haven't been there in a long time).

OH....and for my SF3 main character...I'm switching to Elena. Scrubby Akuma's online have ruined the character for me...

Ghostchase 12.21.2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
^ ghostchase!
(have you listened to JPN?!)

Of course! ナチュラルに恋して! :p

Playing some MarioKart Wii and some Brawl.

EVOLghost 12.21.2012 03:05 PM

lol....oh yeah...haha.a

Yeah album, or comp if you will, rules. Funny I only had heard a few songs before actually listening to the whole thing.SPICE sounds like something off Phantasy Star Universe and VOICE is like my favorite thing right now.

the ikara cult 12.21.2012 03:37 PM

PYONGYANG RACER!!!!

tripsk 12.21.2012 04:00 PM

I played that Street Fighter x Mega Man game. it's pretty cool.

Keeping It Simple 12.22.2012 09:11 AM

I'm wondering which games you enjoyed playing the most over 2012. For me it was Mass Effect 3, Dead Island, Crysis 2, Command And Conquer 3, Dragon's Dogma, Resident Evil 6, L.A.Noire, Farcry 3 (which I'm playing at the mo), Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

noisereductions 12.22.2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I'm wondering which games you enjoyed playing the most over 2012.

off the top of my head... Journey, Street Fighter X Tekken, Lollipop Chainsaw, Final Fantasy XIII-2, um... I'll have to keep thinking about it.

Ghostchase 12.28.2012 05:59 PM

Bought a new 360 to retire my old refurbished model, great deal! Came with 250GB HD with Forza 4, Skyrim DL card, and $19 off a game over $19 for $199.
Having no internet for almost a whole month, I had no clue there was a new DOA on the market, I bought that and the Metal Gear HD collection. I kind of already on the fence with DOA 5, I think that crazy enough that the character models AND graphics were superior on DOA 4. I'm a tough critic though, I logged many hours on DOA 4.

Need to buy Silent Hill HD collection, Resident Evil 6, and Zone of the Enders HD collection (Never played it, and just found out about it too) asap.

EVOLghost 12.29.2012 12:36 PM

I played Zone of the Enders 1. I liked it...a game which was much too short for it's own good.

lol...funny thing is that I really only bought it for the Demo of MGS2 it came with. I spent an equal amount of time on both discs...heh.

Ghostchase 12.29.2012 02:01 PM

Too short eh? The set looks beautiful, and for an Evangelion crazed person like me, this game is wet dream of love. They say, well IGN says, Z.O.E 2 is where its at.

Played some TF2 with my little bro.

ALIEN ANAL 12.29.2012 02:03 PM

Last i played was Max Payne 3
It was pretty fun in multiplayer but it just makes me want GTA5 even more

EVOLghost 12.29.2012 02:15 PM

Yeah....you'll love it. Fun giant robot battles :D

EVOLghost 12.29.2012 02:16 PM

lol....I think the only new game I bought/played this year was KoF13...

Beautiful game.

dale_gribble 12.29.2012 04:45 PM

halo 4. obviously not as good as the first but i think it's better than 2 or 3.

Trama 01.06.2013 08:34 AM

http://play-dune.com/

Ghostchase 01.06.2013 02:21 PM

I love Snake Eater. I'm a big time pacifist, both in real life and when I play Metal Gear. Does killing animals effect my kill count? I don't want to eat those poor snakes, that bunny, and that goat!

I'm throughly enjoying Skyrim, I got it for free with my Boxing Week purchase and my interests were not really peaked, then I played it! Great game, love the atmosphere playing in the wee hours of the morning.

After being quick to tire kick at the new DOA 5, I'm also having a lot of fun playing that game and its right up there with DOA 4.

Played a little bit of Resident Evil 5, preparing to play through 6. Played a little bit of Limbo too.

EVOLghost 01.06.2013 02:25 PM

I was going to spend today found laundry(READ: DOING) and playing video games....but I'm gonna go paint instead :(

And not paint like most of you artsy mofos. Just paint walls....

Ghostchase 01.06.2013 02:26 PM

Lame! Go play games!

EVOLghost 01.07.2013 05:16 AM

Hehe....I did(a little). I dind't have much time to game, so I had to go with the SF3 route. We'll see how today goes....

I'm hoping my friend finishes Peace Walker soon....as I really want to play it....

Rob Instigator 01.07.2013 08:55 AM

Angry Birds

_slavo_ 01.07.2013 08:57 AM

Legend of Grimrock

that game is totally dope

EVOLghost 01.07.2013 08:55 PM

So...I'm playing SF3 tonight...and I pull off some godlike shit in round 2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Ehg...ature=youtu.be

Round 2. It's right after I do the first super. As he's getting off the ground, I figured he would go low on wakeup(which I was RIGHT!) and hit him with a hop overhead AND LINK IT INTO SUPER!!!! Yo. you need to be at the right spot to be able to recover quickly to hit the super. Anyways...no one is interested probably...but I'm proud as fuck as tihs was the 2nd time EVER i've been able to pull this off in a match.

noisereductions 01.07.2013 09:19 PM

I'm so into Phantasy Star II right now...

noisereductions 01.08.2013 07:29 PM

^Castle of Shikigami II

EVOLghost 01.10.2013 07:41 AM

EVOLghost 02.03.2013 01:34 PM

Dark souls arrived. Strting it now.

Say whaaaa?
I finally got a new game :)

Mattgazer 02.04.2013 11:50 AM

todays playlist
Cable - Down-Lift The Up-Trodden
Japandroids - POST NOTHING
My bloody valentine - MBV

floatingslowly 02.04.2013 12:13 PM

Psychic TV - Allegory and Self (vinyl rip)
Psychic TV - The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye
Sweet Valley - Jenova

EVOLghost 02.08.2013 09:56 AM

-_-

Rob Instigator 02.08.2013 10:03 AM

Not playing jack shit!
I need to purchase a used copy of Red Dead redemption and get my old west on

EVOLghost 02.08.2013 10:09 AM

(and Dark Souls for your fantasy needs)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.08.2013 10:27 PM

Haven't played a video game in literally years, I just don't enjoy them anymore, even though I used to really dig it. However, the past week I've been playing OG NBA Jam online and its been a blast. I also played for like three hours of Zelda for SuperNES which was also cool, really a trip, hadn't even seen that game in 17 years, and yet when I started playing it I knew where everything was almost by instinct.