Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

floatingslowly 08.12.2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
I've got it too but haven't tried it yet, is it good ? (I will play on easy, of course...)

it's awesome. it's like playing a movie made in 1992.

then you get to staypuft and he starts shitting marshmallows all over the place and yeah...

watch out when those lil' bastards come through the ducts.

:(

TheFoxBen 08.12.2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
it's awesome. it's like playing a movie made in 1992.

then you get to staypuft and he starts shitting marshmallows all over the place and yeah...

watch out when those lil' bastards come through the ducts.

:(

I will be careful, don't worry...

Also, I've started again one of my favorite games the other day, a real masterpiece.

floatingslowly 08.12.2009 07:53 PM

I'm so burnt on shooters, I just can't.

although, the new wolfenstein is a for sure buy.

noisereductions 08.12.2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

there's a commercial for Dr. Pepper that's currently playing. it features Dr. Dre.

he walks up to this dorky white guy playing aquacrunk and sets his Dr. Pepper on the turntable.

the record slows down and through the magic of television, people start dancing.

I hope this helps.

:)

It should help... the thesis of the commercial is that slow and deliberate music is better than fast and sloppy music.

(aka The Melvins are better than The Sex Pistols)

noisereductions 08.12.2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

I'm so burnt on shooters, I just can't.

although, the new wolfenstein is a for sure buy.

alls I have is this:

and really... what else do you need when it comes to Nazi killin' ?

floatingslowly 08.12.2009 07:57 PM

a better host? lol?

:D

noisereductions 08.12.2009 07:57 PM

host? huh? what?

floatingslowly 08.12.2009 07:58 PM

Moby Games

the definitive
resource
for pc games

mobygames.comm

babelfish: yr link is being blocked by the hosting server.

noisereductions 08.12.2009 07:59 PM

at any rate, I'm more a Doom fan than Wolfenstein.

floatingslowly 08.12.2009 08:01 PM

ok "Doom". that's what I was looking for. haha

Doom is the reason that I bought an atari jaguar.

but...uh...were there nazis in Doom? I thought that shit was Mars-Hell.

krastian 08.12.2009 09:20 PM

Fight Night Round 4 - Xbox 360

Why does every game I get have to be riddled with fucking bugs?? Jesus. I got this when it first came out and it is still fucked.

I'm also playing the new Tiger Woods....when I have time.

EVOLghost 08.12.2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

I kill too. on medium. you should hear my fills. fucking genius, I tell ya.

I want to hear 'em

EVOLghost 08.12.2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
I don't wanna pay for the Live, unless my brother pays, then I will play with you, but not Rock Band... Do you have Gears of War or some shit like that ?
PS: I'm playing on hard, sometimes expert drums :)

pm me yer psn. I'm leett drums.

floatingslowly 08.12.2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I want to hear 'em

doubtful. I'm currently going through a millennial-crisis involving the skill at which I play video games.

ps: dirty bunny could totally kick my ass at wow. no joke.

EVOLghost 08.12.2009 10:38 PM

!!!

uh oh.

what class?

floatingslowly 08.12.2009 10:41 PM

I play a priest. bunny plays leroy jenkins. fucking leroy jenkins.

wow priest is one of the most masochistic video game "roles" you can play.

Sonic Youth 37 08.12.2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty bunny
I picked up this game called Zeus: Master of Olympus. I thought It'd be kinda like Civilization, but hydras and armies are attacking and I don't know what to do. *sigh*

YOU HAVE TO SEND FOR HEROES!!! You'll need Hercules for the Hydra. I can't remember what you need to get summon off the top of my head. There is some variation, but you'll most likely need a temple dedicated to a certain god, some wine and/or olive oil, a working stadium, excellent city gymnasium coverage and probably to win an Olympics too. The best way to deal with the army, if you don't have a standing one and have spare drachmas, is to pay them off.

/Impression city builder nerd mode = off

EVOLghost 08.12.2009 10:54 PM

daaaang. I touched WoW onlly a handful of times this summer. I'll be back in school soon...I don't know if I should re-activate.

floatingslowly 08.12.2009 11:03 PM

^^^ no. it's the same ol' shit. don't ask me what I'm going to do though. I'm bored as fuck and wish there was something....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
YOU HAVE TO SEND FOR HEROES!!! You'll need Hercules for the Hydra. I can't remember what you need to get summon off the top of my head. There is some variation, but you'll most likely need a temple dedicated to a certain god, some wine and/or olive oil, a working stadium, excellent city gymnasium coverage and probably to win an Olympics too. The best way to deal with the army, if you don't have a standing one and have spare drachmas, is to pay them off.

quoted for roll-over.

supreme geekery.

dirty bunny 08.12.2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

LOL I'll take your word for it. Not sure how much I want to be bothered with it, but if I get reeeeally bored I'll try it again :)

Sonic Youth 37 08.12.2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

quoted for roll-over.

supreme geekery.

I've played Pharoah/Cleopatra and Zeus/Poseidon practically since they've been released. Not a fan of the Caesars and Immortal Cities is a way different, so it doesn't even rate. But, yeah, I'm going to have to reinstall Zeus now :( I wanna fight a Maenad and a Kraken and have Hades take Cerberus for a walk through my city and have my silver miners mine the silver in his temple for a steady trickle of drachmas :o

Sonic Youth 37 08.12.2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

LOL I'll take your word for it. Not sure how much I want to be bothered with it, but if I get reeeeally bored I'll try it again :)

You started a campaign/mission. I suggest sandboxing it for a little while until you get the hang of temple building and sacking/raiding cities for tribute or for the lulz.

dirty bunny 08.12.2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

I play a priest. bunny plays leroy jenkins. fucking leroy jenkins.

wow priest is one of the most masochistic video game "roles" you can play.

^^Truth. I had a priest healing end-game in BC... That was grueling, watching your mana, trying to heal just right. But I just had to give it a try. Should have stuck with DPS.

Damn you floaty for making me talk wow. I feel like such a nerd.

And thanks SY37. I thought you HAD to do a campaign/mission.

floatingslowly 08.12.2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

I've played Pharoah/Cleopatra and Zeus/Poseidon practically since they've been released. Not a fan of the Caesars and Immortal Cities is a way different, so it doesn't even rate. But, yeah, I'm going to have to reinstall Zeus now :( I wanna fight a Maenad and a Kraken and have Hades take Cerberus for a walk through my city and have my silver miners mine the silver in his temple for a steady trickle of drachmas :o

I have no idea what the hell yr talking about. I've only played a ceasar or two. they sound awesome. I'm rooting for the Kraken though.

Sonic Youth 37 08.12.2009 11:13 PM

Zeus might be the best in the series and the comedy in it is hysterical the first 10 times...after that you'll want to turn the voices off or stop right-clicking citizens/walkers. It's also far less intense than the Caesars or even Pharaoh.

Ok...I think I'm finished this time.

floatingslowly 08.12.2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

^^Truth. I had a priest healing end-game in BC... That was grueling, watching your mana, trying to heal just right. But I just had to give it a try. Should have stuck with DPS.

Damn you floaty for making me talk wow. I feel like such a nerd.

And thanks SY37. I thought you HAD to do a campaign/mission.

at least it was interesting back then. these days, it's flash heal>flash heal>flash heal (unless they've nerfed it again, which wouldn't shock me).

combine that with the fact that yr wearing a paper towel and every other class seems to have massive interupts....yeah....I'm bitter.

dirty bunny 08.12.2009 11:18 PM

^^Preaching to the choir. I fucking hated trying to heal in BGs... and how maddening is it that resto druids never seemed to die? Argghhh

floatingslowly 08.12.2009 11:27 PM

healing in bg's is pointless. priest is pvp-tank. the object being to heal yrself long enough that someone else can kill yr attacker.

yaaaaaay that's so much fuuuun.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.12.2009 11:32 PM

dirty bunny 08.12.2009 11:32 PM

healing in bg's is pointless. priest is pvp-tank. the object being to heal yrself long enough that someone else can kill yr attacker.

yaaaaaay that's so much fuuuun.

Yeah I never wanted to play that way, but I guess you'd have to. Paladins and Druids are better at that because they have higher armor.

I wonder how it is now that they have dual specs, if any class actually does heal anymore. Maybe I'll e-mail my warlock friend for an update.

floatingslowly 08.12.2009 11:47 PM

dual specs brought crappy pinch healers. healing well in a raid requires being on the ball and avoiding the fire.

I've done fucking Heigan 10,000 times and have yet to get the Safety Dance achievement. I also usually end up 2 manning it after everyone's dead. bleh.

lazy / bad players ruined wow more than arenas.

dirty bunny 08.12.2009 11:52 PM

I surprised myself by actually getting that. For the longest time I thought I'd never learn it. And so the first time I thought I had it down, I died almost right away. Ha.

But seriously Naxxramas sucked compared to Karazan. It wasn't that long into Wrath my guild cleared the whole thing in one night. Even as BC was ending we'd do Kara, albeit with alts, and would still wipe on.. ugh what was that guy's name again? The one in the library who did the ring of fire thing. A total pain in the behind, that guy.

Edit: Shade of Aran. I also mispelled Karazhan.

infinitemusic 08.12.2009 11:55 PM

I've been playing mother 3... It's cool. I dont play video games very much but I like this one a lot.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.13.2009 12:37 AM

noisereductions 08.13.2009 07:04 AM

Quote:

ok "Doom". that's what I was looking for. haha

Doom is the reason that I bought an atari jaguar.

but...uh...were there nazis in Doom? I thought that shit was Mars-Hell.

I wanted one cuz of AVP... but I'm glad I didnt get one!

No, Nazi's were in Wolfenstein. The pic I posted was of the GBA port of the orignal Wolfenstein.

floatingslowly 08.13.2009 10:26 AM

^^^ that's the problem. there WAS no picture. just a dead link. I had no idea what the hell you were talking about.

I remember when the original wolfenstein was a freeware download. :(

nicfit 08.13.2009 10:29 AM

just the first episode was free, methinks.
and I mean, just the first episode of the original, not first episode as oppsed to wolfenstain 2 or something.

floatingslowly 08.13.2009 10:33 AM

yeah, but that one episode was out for a loooong time before they released the full-version. :p

I still remember thinking "omg look at how it's 3-d and shit!" :( fucking 3-d. that's really some shitty looking 3-d now.

SONIC GAIL 08.13.2009 10:33 AM

I'm playin this cool new game called AUTOCAD

verme (prevaricator) 08.13.2009 10:34 AM

there's a new wolfenstein, uh?