Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

noisereductions 07.29.2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulva
Very nice collection. You need Esp2. That game's s-tier.

How's Under Defeat HD? I really want it but can't justify the price point

yeah planning to grab Esp2 really soon actually.

Under Defeat HD isn't really worth the price. I mean, it's probably still cheaper than the DC version (haven't been paying attention to prices though) but either way, not something I'd suggest too highly. Don't get me wrong it looks really nice and all, but I find the scoring mechanics less than stellar.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.03.2012 03:19 AM

dead rising 2 (ps3)
ultimate spider-man (gcn)

vulva 08.04.2012 06:17 AM

noiseredux, you watching SBO?

noisereductions 08.04.2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulva
noiseredux, you watching SBO?

uh, feel like an idiot -- what's SBO???

I'm competing this month in the Shmups.com tournament. I was in it last year too, but barely did anything cuz I wasn't as good at shmups back then. This year I'm on Team Coffer.

Oh and I just got a new monitor stand that can TATE for my vertical shmups!

:cool:

EVOLghost 08.04.2012 06:32 PM

Super battle opera!

(Fighting game tourney)

vulva 08.05.2012 06:30 AM

man pierrot was looking so good too :(

noisereductions 08.05.2012 10:42 AM

oh I usually dont watch the fighting tourneys. I've seen bits of EVO but I dn't really keep up with them.

vulva 08.06.2012 12:35 AM

ah, it's basically the japanese evo. Different rules but a huge event. If nothing else, check out the grand finals for AE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Y-kULvaiw

EVOLghost 08.06.2012 09:57 AM

I didn't watch it...but I heard it was a shit show.

I'll look for replays later.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.06.2012 12:24 PM

How intense can a fighting tourney get?

I've never watched one either.

EVOLghost 08.06.2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

Pretty fucking intense. The arguably greatest moment in Evo is one in sf3s. Diego's full parry on Justin Wong's chunli to win a crucial match. Ill be back with a video. On my phone currently.

EVOLghost 08.06.2012 02:25 PM

Here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtuA5we0RZU

EVOLghost 08.06.2012 02:26 PM

King of fightersis hype as fuck too.

SF 4 can sometimes be a drag to watch depending on the match.

EVOLghost 08.06.2012 02:29 PM

If you see. One blocked attack and ken would have been chipped to death...but he did everything perfect. He even did a combo that maximized his damaged output for the kill. So fucking intense.

Keeping It Simple 08.07.2012 06:12 AM

Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition.

noisereductions 08.07.2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Pretty fucking intense. The arguably greatest moment in Evo is one in sf3s. Diego's full parry on Justin Wong's chunli to win a crucial match. Ill be back with a video. On my phone currently.

^yeah that vid is kind of required viewing if you're a fighting fan.

Also, I'd recommend the book Arcade Mania to you guys. It's short but very interesting -- all about the arcade scene in Japan with chapters ranging from sticker booths & claw machines, to all forms of shmups, fighting games, etc etc. Quality beach read. :D

vulva 08.10.2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

This year at EVO I had money flying everywhere betting on the grand finals, people screaming, crying and so on.

Basically it's pretty chaotic and extremely fun. My girlfriend was covering her eyes since she was so nervous watching the kof grand finals at EVO this year. She barely cares about fighting games at all.

EVOLghost 08.10.2012 06:34 AM

I'd hate to bust this out....but it's like sports for nerds....

noisereductions 08.10.2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

I'd hate to bust this out....but it's like sports for nerds....

^that cracked me up.

BTW, I've been playing through Lollipop Chainsaw slowly. Like basically I'll play it once a week for about an hour or two. But it's quickly becoming my favorite Suda game yet (having played Killer7, Samurai Champloo Sidetracked, No More Heroes, Shadows of the Damned). It's basically a lot like No More Heroes as far as the fighting and boss battles go. But it's so streamlined compared to NMH (meaning, no GTA style wandering and odd jobs that kind of slow down the momentum). And also, James Gunn's script is so funny and perfect... seriously, this game just nails the whole b-movie thing that Suda's gone for over the years.

Keeping It Simple 08.12.2012 10:03 AM

I'm playing through "Rage" at the mo.

EVOLghost 08.12.2012 10:05 AM

I'm currently stud on ico. And I left my stick at my cousin's place so he can dual mod....so I can't play kof.....which I am still ass at.

EVOLghost 08.12.2012 03:06 PM

I already miss SF3...

noisereductions 08.12.2012 04:40 PM

does "stud" mean "stuck"? What part of Ico are you stuck on?

EVOLghost 08.12.2012 05:25 PM

Lol oops...yeah. I'm just past the windmill part. I don't exactly remember the room....butt every time id attempt it there would be justtoo many shadows toshadoes to deal with to explore.

EVOLghost 08.12.2012 06:12 PM

^too lazy to edit.

Keeping It Simple 08.13.2012 06:04 AM

I finally managed to get my hands on a copy of Front Mission 3! In my opinion the best game released for the PSone.

noisereductions 08.13.2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Lol oops...yeah. I'm just past the windmill part. I don't exactly remember the room....butt every time id attempt it there would be justtoo many shadows toshadoes to deal with to explore.

ah well, can't really offer up much advice on dealing w shadow people. Dammit Ico is a great game though.

EVOLghost 08.13.2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
ah well, can't really offer up much advice on dealing w shadow people. Dammit Ico is a great game though.

Yeah...figured as much haha. But I'll be back on it today.

Honestly though....I'm really fucking digging the game. At times it does feel a little TOO simple...but the overall feel of the game is great. I begin to get nervous when shadows come out and you have to run around with the girl to keep her away while you also try to beat th crap out of the shadows....WITH A STICK. I mean....yeah. I'm really liking it.

Also. What's up with the seizure warning in the beginning. It's like the most visually peaceful game I've played....like ever.

noisereductions 08.13.2012 10:04 AM

yeah Ico is beautiful. I still think Shadow of the Colossus is better, and really tha'ts an even simpler game so whatever. But I agree, the shadow people would make me feel very tense actually. It's almost jarring considering how serene the rest of the game is. I'm trying to remember how far in the windmill is. I feel like it's pretty close to halfway maybe. How many hours in are you, do you know?

Also "the girl"? Haha. You have an entire button devoted to yelling "Yorda!" and you can't remember her name? :)

Seizure warning... I'm guessing it has to do with the last battle so I won't spoil anything for you.

EVOLghost 08.13.2012 01:06 PM

hmmmm I think I'm just under the 2 hour mark to be honest. So....I think I might be a little more behind than you think. I'm debating if I should go pick up my stick and play some fighting games or just chill on ico.
decision decisions.

I plan to go to a fighting game meet up on Thursday at the arcade. There's one tonight but its pretty far...but yeah a few of these guys went to Evo. None of 'em did anything except for one who I think got top 32...or just missed top 32 for kof. They pretty nice and help you get better. Some are elitist fucks who I would like to punch in the face....but only a few. So...I'd like to keep practicing mymotions

noisereductions 08.13.2012 01:40 PM

Ico took me 7 hrs to finish, so yeah you're less than halfway. I feel like you should just keep going. Ico is the kind of game you just play through over the course of 2 or 3 days. Do'nt space it out too much. Trust me. Just get into it.

EVOLghost 08.13.2012 02:27 PM

Yeh..3 hours in and I'm past the part I was on. The metal moving platform part.

Ghostchase 08.15.2012 01:41 PM

Being away on vacation, I been playing strictly Metroid Fusion.

noisereductions 08.15.2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
Being away on vacation, I been playing strictly Metroid Fusion.

great fuckng game.

Ghostchase 08.15.2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
great fuckng game.

Indeed. Just powered down the cooling system, and got the new and wider power beam. I'm excited.

tripsk 08.15.2012 07:30 PM

Persona 4 Arena you unmoe bitches

noisereductions 08.15.2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripsk
Persona 4 Arena you unmoe bitches

llooks fantastic. Waiting on a price drop first though.

EVOLghost 08.16.2012 04:56 AM

Hell yeah it does...

and it doesn't look too muhc like a spam assist game too!
I might just wait for price drop too. I'm still learning KoF.

noisereductions 08.17.2012 07:40 AM

I set up my extra Wii last night with my other consoles. I've ignored Wii a lot since I got it like 3 yrs ago. I mostly just play lightgun games on it. So I guess if y'all have any suggestions based on my taste...?

noisereductions 08.17.2012 03:13 PM

I feel like playing some Dreamcast tonight.