Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

gmku 05.10.2009 06:46 PM

No, I have plenty in that area. And any man who thinks he'll never go bald, well, just you wait, my young buckos. It happens to the best of us. They called me Jim Morrison in my day.

Lurker 05.10.2009 06:48 PM

I've already got a receding hairline.

davenotdead 05.10.2009 06:50 PM

i think i'm starting to lose some hair. i prolly just have cancer

Better_Than_You 05.10.2009 06:50 PM

Aries are huge hit or misses.

i've only met one aries man who i've considered worth my time. and, my mom was an aries woman.

i think the thing with aries is that you have to make sure you find a modest one.. otherwise they have huge heads, and yeah "boring in a energetic way" pretty much nails it.

i love the zodiac. i'm so into that sun sign/moon sign bullshit.

Better_Than_You 05.10.2009 06:50 PM

my mom was fucking amazing, by the way.

gmku 05.10.2009 06:51 PM

I'm Aquarius. Creative, free-spirited, but also extremely devoted.

Better_Than_You 05.10.2009 06:53 PM

really??

thats my moon sign!

we're meant to be!

gmku 05.10.2009 06:55 PM

sigh...

Lurker 05.10.2009 06:55 PM

Haha you two should have a go.

I'm Taurus. I probably wouldn't get on with either of you.

davenotdead 05.10.2009 06:56 PM

this is kind of boring.

get back on the shitter

Lurker 05.10.2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Better_Than_You
Aries are huge hit or misses.

i've only met one aries man who i've considered worth my time. and, my mom was an aries woman.

i think the thing with aries is that you have to make sure you find a modest one.. otherwise they have huge heads, and yeah "boring in a energetic way" pretty much nails it.

i love the zodiac. i'm so into that sun sign/moon sign bullshit.

Hope I didn't cause any offense by what I said earlier.

I do kind of get drawn to the zodiac. But the prediction stuff is complete bollocks.

NaiveMelody 05.10.2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurker
Haha you two should have a go.

I'm Taurus. I probably wouldn't get on with either of you.

I'm a Virgo, we're supposed to get along.

Lurker 05.10.2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaiveMelody
I'm a Virgo, we're supposed to get along.

Yeah! I Have a very good Virgo friend. Haven't seen him for a while though. Probably the most interesting person I have ever met, in the things he says and the life he has lead.

Better_Than_You 05.10.2009 07:01 PM

no... not at all. and taurus' and aries' actually do get along pretty well. my roommate is a taurus.

yeah, the prediction stuff is soo dumb. but i do believe that there's a definite science to it. they say the pull of the moon has an effect on how people act so who's to say that the arrangement of the planets in our solar system doesn't affect the brain while being developed in the womb?

thats how i look at it at least.

Lurker 05.10.2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

no... not at all. and taurus' and aries' actually do get along pretty well. my roommate is a taurus.

yeah, the prediction stuff is soo dumb. but i do believe that there's a definite science to it. they say the pull of the moon has an effect on how people act so who's to say that the arrangement of the planets in our solar system doesn't affect the brain while being developed in the womb?

thats how i look at it at least.

I used to think that the type of weather around te time of your birth, being one of your earliest experiences, maybe would affect you psychologically. But then I've come across a few articles in newspapers saying that scientists have shown that you're more likely to have certain characteristics if you were born at a certain times of the year. I can't remember many...for example one was that if you were born in May then you were more likely to be impulsive. Basically the cause for this affect is some kind of radiation or something from some sun. It also has an effect on certain genetic diseases and creativity. Where you are born as well as when affects how much you get of this radiation and how it affects you. Apparently there's a strip through the middle of Britain that makes people born in that more creative. Also I think another thing was the further away from equator the more likely you were to become schizophrenic but the less likely you were to have multiple sclerosis.

But they weren't talking about star signs and I don't know how their findings would confirm or go against it.

Better_Than_You 05.10.2009 07:10 PM

that is so interesting!!

what newspapers did you read that in?? and is there a term for this that i could google or look up in books?

Lurker 05.10.2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

that is so interesting!!

what newspapers did you read that in?? and is there a term for this that i could google or look up in books?

It was almost certainly in The Times (the British paper). It was a few years ago I read this so I don't how I could you help you in finding it. But if you find something can you post it, I would be really interested to read about it again. I can't even remember what that radiation or whatever it is was called.

Right now I really must get on with this essay.

DeadDiscoDildo 05.10.2009 07:26 PM

I'm a virgo but I don't know the peticulars.

I'm also an OX, and it's my fucking year baby!...apparently.

Sonic Youth 37 05.10.2009 08:45 PM

It's been a while, I suppose.

terriblecanyons 05.10.2009 10:33 PM

Wanna trade glasses?