Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

noisereductions 04.30.2009 02:38 PM

haha. Sometimes he just uses weird pseudonyms for no reason anyway. Kiddy666, etc.

Sonic Youth 37 04.30.2009 02:50 PM

noisereductions 04.30.2009 02:53 PM

^I always plan on checking them out.

Sonic Youth 37 04.30.2009 02:55 PM

One of the most fun bands around, if you don't mind the language barrier...or can speak Japanese.

static-harmony 04.30.2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
^I always plan on checking them out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
One of the most fun bands around, if you don't mind the language barrier...or can speak Japanese.

^^^ I agree with this statement.

noisereductions 04.30.2009 03:09 PM

language smanguage. Take a band like Deerhunter or MBV. I can't understand most of what they say. In the right context, words are just sounds that fit into the sonic puzzle.

SuperCreep 04.30.2009 03:21 PM

Sonic Youth 37 04.30.2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
language smanguage. Take a band like Deerhunter or MBV. I can't understand most of what they say. In the right context, words are just sounds that fit into the sonic puzzle.

Definitely check out Now Is the Time, Polysics or DIE!!!!, or We Ate The Machine. All great.

static-harmony 04.30.2009 03:53 PM

Polysic or Die man, great album there.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.30.2009 04:49 PM

atsonicpark 04.30.2009 05:04 PM

no, the best album is a.d.s.r.m, by far. Or get hey bob my friend, which compiles most of a.d.s.r.m and 1st p.

Sonic Youth 37 04.30.2009 05:40 PM

Пятхъдесят Шест 04.30.2009 07:25 PM

gmku 04.30.2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Yeah, I went to Voltage Records, saw that sitting there, & felt the urge to buy it. Knoxville, has a couple record stores, the most visited is Disc Exchange, but there are the nice mom & pop type stores here as well. Lost & Found is where I usually go, but there's also Basement Records. It's basically just a guy who runs it all himself. Quite a huge selection, but not many new pressings.

While going through the stack of vinyl I had chosen to purchase, "Ckeck Your Head" was probably the most expensive. I just couldn't resist. It's adding to my excitement of seeing them @ Bonnaroo.

Damn you. When were you there? That means it's gone for me now. I was just in voltage Saturday.

Damn you.

marleypumpkin 04.30.2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Damn you. When were you there? That means it's gone for me now. I was just in voltage Saturday.

Damn you.

Sorry to do that to you. I was in town for the Mike Watt / Dino Jr. show on the 26th (Sunday), which means I bought ""Check Your Head" on Monday. Trust Me, I had to leave a lot of vinyl behind that I wanted badly, just didn't have enough funds to buy all that I saw. Who ever does, am I right?

gmku 04.30.2009 09:00 PM

True. I hope they restock that one. I might have to request it. Voltage had a lot of nice vinyl when I visited Saturday. I got a Patti Smith boot, a VU boot, and Count Five's Psychotic Reaction (last was a disappointment, though).

But I had to leave a lot I wanted behind, including that Beasties LP and the first two Roxy LPs. I bought Check Your Head on CD when it was first released and my daughter played the shit out of it. It's all scratched up and skips like crazy.

By the way, if you're ever back in town for a show, let me know if you want another body along. I haven't made any music-minded friends here yet.
B

SuperCreep 04.30.2009 09:07 PM

marleypumpkin 04.30.2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
True. I hope they restock that one. I might have to request it. Voltage had a lot of nice vinyl when I visited Saturday. I got a Patti Smith boot, a VU boot, and Count Five's Psychotic Reaction (last was a disappointment, though).

But I had to leave a lot I wanted behind, including that Beasties LP and the first two Roxy LPs. I bought Check Your Head on CD when it was first released and my daughter played the shit out of it. It's all scratched up and skips like crazy.

By the way, if you're ever back in town for a show, let me know if you want another body along. I haven't made any music-minded friends here yet.
B

Hell Yeah, will do.

I'm pretty sure they'll restock that. As I was leaving, the clerk made it clear to me that, if I came back and anything I was looking for was gone, they would restock, aka,take an order for it. BTW, it sounds damn good. I can respect why you're hoping to replace a cruddy scratched CD w/ audiophile quality vinyl.

Now listening to:

Dead-Air 04.30.2009 09:33 PM

Sabbath - Master of Reality

Sonic Youth 37 05.01.2009 12:54 AM