Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

noisereductions 04.29.2009 06:48 PM

(El Michels Affair - Enter The 37th Chamber)

Sonic Youth 37 04.29.2009 07:27 PM

marleypumpkin 04.29.2009 07:32 PM

(vinyl)

canabero 04.29.2009 10:20 PM

Firehose! ha,ha,ha :D

batreleaser 04.30.2009 05:15 AM

i got my hands on some dexedrine to do some major paper writing and damn are they working. believe it or not, this feels like a much smoother apmphetamine to me than even adderal, which usually leaves me a teeth chattering, paranoid, limp cock mess. This is more mellow, but steadier. It's 3:10 am and I'm as sharp as I was at noon. The best part, 5 grams of high grade portland grass to come down with.

Anywyas, electric eels-the eyeball of hell is now off, the fugs-the village fugs sins ballads of contempt. total speed rock, as in tunes good to listen to on speed. rock and roll that comes off as the more dangerous variety seems to work best with amphetamines, as melodies and hooks sound quite endearing when youre mind is sharpened to a blade but at the same time you wanna hear some druggy danger in the mix. ESPdisk rock and folk, the velvets, the stones, the stooges, proto punk/glam, electric eels, hardcore, thats what I like when I'm flying high.

Youth_Against_Facism 04.30.2009 06:57 AM

sonic sphere 04.30.2009 08:24 AM

body count-born dead

noisereductions 04.30.2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
i got my hands on some dexedrine to do some major paper writing and damn are they working. believe it or not, this feels like a much smoother apmphetamine to me than even adderal, which usually leaves me a teeth chattering, paranoid, limp cock mess. This is more mellow, but steadier. It's 3:10 am and I'm as sharp as I was at noon. The best part, 5 grams of high grade portland grass to come down with.

Anywyas, electric eels-the eyeball of hell is now off, the fugs-the village fugs sins ballads of contempt. total speed rock, as in tunes good to listen to on speed. rock and roll that comes off as the more dangerous variety seems to work best with amphetamines, as melodies and hooks sound quite endearing when youre mind is sharpened to a blade but at the same time you wanna hear some druggy danger in the mix. ESPdisk rock and folk, the velvets, the stones, the stooges, proto punk/glam, electric eels, hardcore, thats what I like when I'm flying high.

is this copied & pasted from Lester Bangs' blog?

greedrex 04.30.2009 08:46 AM

SY- WM

noisereductions 04.30.2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37

my favorite of theirs.

gmku 04.30.2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
is this copied & pasted from Lester Bangs' blog?

Ha ha!

gmku 04.30.2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleypumpkin

(180g vinyl)

Did you come to asheville to pick that up, or does knoxville have its own record stores? I saw that in the store here last week and almost got it. But shit, when records are now more than 20 bucks a pop, I get a little more hesitant.

sonic sphere 04.30.2009 09:27 AM

dead meadow-shivering king & others

stu666 04.30.2009 10:54 AM

marleypumpkin 04.30.2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Did you come to asheville to pick that up, or does knoxville have its own record stores? I saw that in the store here last week and almost got it. But shit, when records are now more than 20 bucks a pop, I get a little more hesitant.

Yeah, I went to Voltage Records, saw that sitting there, & felt the urge to buy it. Knoxville, has a couple record stores, the most visited is Disc Exchange, but there are the nice mom & pop type stores here as well. Lost & Found is where I usually go, but there's also Basement Records. It's basically just a guy who runs it all himself. Quite a huge selection, but not many new pressings.

While going through the stack of vinyl I had chosen to purchase, "Ckeck Your Head" was probably the most expensive. I just couldn't resist. It's adding to my excitement of seeing them @ Bonnaroo.

sonic sphere 04.30.2009 11:40 AM

depeche mode-speak & spell

noisereductions 04.30.2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Sid606 - Shout At The Devil

huh? If you mean Kid606 - Shout At The Doner, then how is it?

noisereductions 04.30.2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Can't say I really know what I'm talking about......but I did type it correctly!

Sid606 - Shout At The Devil

give it a listen: http://www.tigerbeat6.com/music.html

uh, yeh. KID606 is the owner of Tigerbeat6 records. I have like 20 something of his albums. His new album is called SHOUT AT THE DONER.

... I didnt pick this up yet, though. How is it?

noisereductions 04.30.2009 02:13 PM

good. But... well... Okay so the first listen is like "wow, that band is playing Wu-Tang songs." But the thing is, they really just sound like yr listening to the instrumental versions of the actual tracks. EMA is such a tight band, but why aren't the solo'ing on this shit? I mean... these tracks, when devoid of MC's are BEGGING for a f'ing ridonk guitar solo, or trumpets scatting, or keys fluttering along ala Monk. So yeah. It's cool. But ends up more like good background music when it could've been amazing.

noisereductions 04.30.2009 02:25 PM

maybe the Sid606 version uses a SID synth (ie: C64) and that's where the name comes from?