Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

EVOLghost 05.10.2012 10:13 AM

That joystick helped me master my maneuverability.....ya dig?

Count Mecha 05.10.2012 12:40 PM

Gonna start this very soon:

I've started Betrayal At Krondor a few times but have yet to ever get farther than the sewers of Krondor. Not because it's bad by any means, it's really great actually. But man is it fucking hard. Every fight feels like a tooth and nail clash just to stay alive. You never feel like you're going through the motions, you really are trying to avoid these assassins and what have you on the road that are out to get you. So the whole journey through the wilderness to get to Krondor is fraught with worry, dread, and anticipation. And any injuries you sustain stick with you for a good while. There aren't many convenient HP-esque potions to be had, you have to heal up naturally most times. The writing is fantastic, and I just have a real soft spot for these shitty VGA graphics. The music is mindblowing too.

Otherwise, a friend lent me his SNES recently, something I grew up without. So thanks to him I'm playing Donkey Kong Country right now, as well as Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare. One is considerably better than the other.

noisereductions 05.10.2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Also MVC2, BEST character select screen song ever.

haha love that song!

noisereductions 05.10.2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripsk
anyone still play UMVC3?

sure. Do you have it for PS3?

EVOLghost 05.11.2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

You got Ultimate already?

noisereductions 05.11.2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

You got Ultimate already?

yeah, after xmas I was a total sucker and upgraded a bunch of my PS3 fighters...

Arcana Heart 3 --> LE
BlazBlue Continuum Shift --> Extend
MVC3 --> Ultimate
SSF4 -- Arcade Edition

...total sucker.

tripsk 05.11.2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

poop. I have it on 360.

EVOLghost 05.11.2012 09:55 AM

Fuck it, PS3 and 360 should have cross platform matchmaking....unfortunately it'll never happen...

Ghostchase 05.11.2012 04:11 PM

Tatsunoko VS. Capcom

Anyone? Might buy it this month, and the fight stick.

EVOLghost 05.11.2012 04:56 PM

Haven't played that one...never had the chance to...But the stick is a good deal. I see 'em for like 30 bucks and they look to be the same as the MADCATZ SF Standard.

Ghostchase 05.11.2012 05:01 PM

Its a shame really, supposedly its amazing. Direct from Capcom with Free shipping is $49 + $11 for the game.

Count Mecha 05.11.2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
Tatsunoko VS. Capcom

Anyone? Might buy it this month, and the fight stick.

Played that one a few times a couple of years ago or whenever it came out. It was fun, but nothing too earth shattering. I preferred MVC2. But there are some cool overly sized giant robots you can fight with. I think Gigantor was one, but I can't commit to that since I don't remember clearly, one was gold though.

noisereductions 05.11.2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Haven't played that one...never had the chance to...But the stick is a good deal. I see 'em for like 30 bucks and they look to be the same as the MADCATZ SF Standard.

yeah the MadCatz sticks are amazing. Easy to mod with Sanwa parts. Cheap. Sturdy. Love em.

floatingslowly 05.22.2012 08:50 AM

Diablo 3

level 10 Monk, but considering Witch Doctor

Not sure which.class would be best for hardcore mode.

EVOLghost 05.22.2012 09:14 AM

I hear monk may be a tanking class. Buttt..... I wouldn't know crap, because I don't have diablojob

EVOLghost 05.22.2012 09:15 AM

Also...the major tourney is thus week. I'm planning to get a hotel for the weekend. Hoping to get out of work early on Friday.

Major grinding in sf3 this week. And....lee Ronaldo is today!

floatingslowly 05.22.2012 10:17 AM

Monk tanks and heals. It's a neo-pally without heavy armor.

Demon hunter is looking fun too...or wizard....or barbarian.... O' the humanity.

floatingslowly 05.22.2012 10:18 AM

The only downside so far is that the game made me a liar. I swore that I'd never give Blizzxard another penny. Fuck my weak resolve. :'(

Ghostchase 05.25.2012 12:56 PM

WHAT THE FUCK.

So... I'm all excited to finally play Sin & Punishment: Star Successor with TWO PLAYERS, the storyline is two characters always progressing though the game so seems not as true playing with just one player all the time. I finally get somebody to play with me... AND THERE IS NOT TWO CHARACTERS ON THE SCREEN WHEN I START UP THE FIRST LEVEL... THE SEOND PLAYER JUST GETS TO BE A RETICLE AND ALL THEY CAN DO IS SHOOT.

Love the game BUT that's so weak and really pisses me off.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.25.2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
WHAT THE FUCK.

So... I'm all excited to finally play Sin & Punishment: Star Successor with TWO PLAYERS, the storyline is two characters always progressing though the game so seems not as true playing with just one player all the time. I finally get somebody to play with me... AND THERE IS NOT TWO CHARACTERS ON THE SCREEN WHEN I START UP THE FIRST LEVEL... THE SEOND PLAYER JUST GETS TO BE A RETICLE AND ALL THEY CAN DO IS SHOOT.

Love the game BUT that's so weak and really pisses me off.

OMG I FUCKING KNOW DUDE

EVOLghost 05.29.2012 04:00 AM

Yeh...I got blown up at my tournament. Not like I was going anywhere though...the two players who made it to Grand Finals were in my pool first round.

Either way...had a BLAST at the event. Getti'n fucked up at tthe bar and playin' video games....oh so much fun. And actually getti'n drunk and talkking about video games...wow. a lot of fun.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.02.2012 05:37 PM

Skyward Sword

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.03.2012 05:52 PM

nintendo pre-e3 wii u presentation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AkPdAWfFjI

noisereductions 06.05.2012 08:21 PM

so I finally got a 360 this past week so I could catch up on all the recent Cave shmuppage not coming to PS3.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.07.2012 03:12 AM

Keeping It Simple 06.07.2012 07:34 AM

I bought a copy of Dragon's Dogma today. Anyone played it yet?

EVOLghost 06.07.2012 07:42 AM

Nah, looks like a wannabe Dark Souls....except a button mashing hhack n slash

Keeping It Simple 06.07.2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Nah, looks like a wannabe Dark Souls....except a button mashing hhack n slash

Yeah, because Dark Souls wasn't a button mashing hack n slash. :rolleyes:

EVOLghost 06.07.2012 10:54 AM

Lol definitely wasn't. A little more strategy was needed. The stamina bar was key in making it a much more challenging and rewarding game. One simply doesn't walk into a room and spam one button. That will get you nowhere in dark suls.

Keeping It Simple 06.07.2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Lol definitely wasn't. A little more strategy was needed. The stamina bar was key in making it a much more challenging and rewarding game. One simply doesn't walk into a room and spam one button. That will get you nowhere in dark suls.

I played Dark Souls. It was a button mashing hack n slash, no matter how hard you try and paint it differently.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.07.2012 06:57 PM

Billy Hatcher is melting my brain.

Time for some Toki Goin' Ape Spit!

!@#$%! 06.07.2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Billy Hatcher is melting my brain.

Time for some Toki Goin' Ape Spit!

if you look at that just the right way it looks more like a TOKIN' APE.

noisereductions 06.07.2012 08:07 PM

Deathsmiles is totally one of my favorite games now.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.10.2012 04:48 PM

anyone wanna buy a sealed, brand new Donkey Kong Country Returns for just $20? hit me up

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.10.2012 04:51 PM

oh yeah, and i've been playing more billy hatcher (and Wario World)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.11.2012 08:12 PM

Animal Crossing!

I named my town Sunidale, after the ill-fated hometown of Buffy Summers. The spelling is different due to the character limit.

This game is still just as addictive as ever, but I'm going to try really hard not to get burnt out on it this time. Small doses seem to be the best way to manage this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
oh yeah, noone fucking cares.

You must have some real issues with being such a stale, white turd.

EVOLghost 06.12.2012 03:24 AM

So....I fucked up my DS. I hate myself. It's not exactly broke....but in serious need of fixing....

Fucking Chinese food....

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.12.2012 03:30 AM

details plz.

EVOLghost 06.12.2012 03:40 AM

It was in my backpack, I threw some chinese food in with it. I thought it'd be fine since it was in a "sealed" container AND in a plastic bag. But yeah...shit leaked and got my DS all greasy n shit. LIke I said...it works, but the hinges are fucked. The screen is all floppy n shit. It won't stay up.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.12.2012 04:40 AM

Ew, gross! That blows, man.