Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.26.2012 07:09 PM

bump

EVOLghost 04.26.2012 10:53 PM

yee so I gots a wii no wii mote. or sensor bar.

Ghostchase 04.26.2012 11:37 PM

lol

Rob Instigator 04.27.2012 08:29 AM

My bro lent me command n conquer red alert 3. And also the latest assasins creed

Ghostchase 04.27.2012 12:56 PM

Dr you get my Wii msg?

EVOLghost 04.27.2012 02:02 PM

Sony is getting a "super smash" game too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1bQSw7FOUQ

Ghostchase 04.27.2012 02:08 PM

ptttf. just won't be the same!

oh. how about you use a gamecube controller for the time being? that'll work

EVOLghost 04.27.2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
ptttf. just won't be the same!

oh. how about you use a gamecube controller for the time being? that'll work

Oh yeah! I use a GC controller. Except, the only problem is that you have to begin using the Wii Mote for the Home Menu.

EVOLghost 04.27.2012 02:12 PM

It's not until you start Smash Bros where you can begin using the GC controller.

Ghostchase 04.27.2012 02:14 PM

Yeah I was thinking maybe the GC controller would allow to navigate the Wii menu, if no Wii mote is turned on.

EVOLghost 04.27.2012 02:40 PM

I wish.

EVOLghost 04.27.2012 02:44 PM

So...is Shepards Pie a pie?

Ghostchase 04.27.2012 04:19 PM

yes?

EVOLghost 04.27.2012 04:31 PM

lol oops, wrong thread. I meant to post in the pie thread..

Ghostchase 04.27.2012 04:40 PM

lol geez

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.29.2012 12:24 AM

So I've been raping GameStop's recent 75% off all GBA games sale lately. Picked up over 20 titles between multiple stores - the prices are just too damn good! It is slim pickin's though... no lie - but if you look hard enough, you can find some cheap gems.

They've also got all PS2/GC games + accessories for buy 2 get 1 free, but it's the GBA clearance that I'm most excited about.

Once all the GBA, GC, and PS2 titles are gone, it's gonna be weird walking into a GS; where the absolute oldest shit in the shop will be the DS & 360 stuff.

!@#$%! 04.29.2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
So I've been raping GameStop's recent 75% off all GBA games sale lately. Picked up over 20 titles between multiple stores - the prices are just too damn good! It is slim pickin's though... no lie - but if you look hard enough, you can find some cheap gems.

They've also got all PS2/GC games + accessories for buy 2 get 1 free, but it's the GBA clearance that I'm most excited about.

Once all the GBA, GC, and PS2 titles are gone, it's gonna be weird walking into a GS; where the absolute oldest shit in the shop will be the DS & 360 stuff.

so this is how you're "too broke and unemployed" to get yourself some lights, you fucking traitor???

boo, sir. boo.

http://www.videomaker.com/article/9629/

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.29.2012 03:35 PM

lol

1. The large majority of these games are priced at $2.99 - 4.99 and are 75% off. The most expensive title cost me $2.50.

2. I already have clamp lights, which'll suit me perfectly well until I get back on my feet and can pick up some brighter ones. Thank you for the link, I bookmarked it.

3. Gaming and filmmaking are my only 2 hobbies.* You'd be ashamed to find out which one I prefer overall.

*unless you consider reading comics a hobby.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.29.2012 03:58 PM

!@#$%! 04.29.2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

lol

1. The large majority of these games are priced at $2.99 - 4.99 and are 75% off. The most expensive title cost me $2.50.

2. I already have clamp lights, which'll suit me perfectly well until I get back on my feet and can pick up some brighter ones. Thank you for the link, I bookmarked it.

3. Gaming and filmmaking are my only 2 hobbies.* You'd be ashamed to find out which one I prefer overall.

*unless you consider reading comics a hobby.

comic books are high literature and the cornerstone of a good education!

$2.50x20 = $50. okay whatever lol.

yeah check out that link, it's good shit.

also i posted you some long-ass analysis of a scene from louie in your sitcom pilot thread. not sure if you saw it but i put some work into it lol.

please read it or it will all be meaningless :_(

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.29.2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
comic books is high literature and the cornerstone of a good education!

$2.50x20 = $50. okay whatever lol.

yeah check out that link, it's good shit.

also i posted you some long-ass analysis of a scene from louie in your sitcom pilot thread. not sure if you saw it but i put some work into it lol.

please read it or it will all be meaningless :_(

I said the priciest game was $2.50 ha, most games ended up being only a buck or a buck fifty. I only ended up spending just over $20. Doesn't matter though...

Yeah I saw your analysis, I really appreciated it. I meant to respond, I could've sworn I did.... my bad Señor.

!@#$%! 04.29.2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

I said the priciest game was $2.50 ha, most games ended up being only a buck or a buck fifty. I only ended up spending just over $20. Doesn't matter though...

Yeah I saw your analysis, I really appreciated it. I meant to respond, I could've sworn I did.... my bad Señor.

it's cool as long as you read it-- and as long as you start reading images the same way in your every day, so you can steal from them.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.30.2012 04:54 PM

:)!

EVOLghost 05.02.2012 12:51 AM

SF3 and SSF2. I like using dhalsim and sagat. balrog is cool too.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.03.2012 02:22 AM

I'm hooked.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.05.2012 01:44 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm onimusha tactics

Ghostchase 05.05.2012 03:58 PM

how's the 3DS GBA catalogue? anyone know? I'd still like to collect GBA games, but if they have tons of games...

EVOLghost 05.07.2012 12:46 PM

Noiseredux and Dr. Eugene are the two crude doods for that job. I don't know why either haven't replied....other than they're barely on here.

But yeh...I took some shrooms at my friends new house which happens to be a block away from the arcade. I decided to head on over after chillin' at my friends place for a while. Then I got bored(not bored, just super anxious to go to the arcade) and decided to go to the arcade,which I went by myself... When I entered I was already peaking and holy fuck was the feeling orgasmic. Beautiful bright screens everywhere. I went straight to sf3. I had to get used to the the classic arcade setup(bat top and buttons that concave inward). It was hard, so I decided to move to a (somewhat)slower game but that is where I found my groove, headphones also helped a lot. But yeah, I decided to go back to SF3 and instead of choosing Akuma at first I decided to play Q. I fucked rocked the comp hard...for a while. Then I choose Akuma and I'm in fuckin tune. The SF area was pretty dead except for a dood teachin' a girl(possibly gf) how to play SF. He finally approached me to play match. Have a little chat on SF and I proceed to whoop is ass. Well...not really but I totally pulled an awesome clutch combo in the end for the win. Unfortunately that was the only match I was able to play as his group was leaving. Either way...totally rad trip.

noisereductions 05.07.2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Noiseredux and Dr. Eugene are the two crude doods for that job. I don't know why either haven't replied....other than they're barely on here.

I don't have a 3DS. I'm not really interested in it.

tripsk 05.07.2012 01:38 PM

Radiant Historia, i recommend it to all my Sonic Youth pals.

EVOLghost 05.07.2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I don't have a 3DS. I'm not really interested in it.

Oh, I'm pretty sure he said gba

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.09.2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

how's the 3DS GBA catalogue? anyone know? I'd still like to collect GBA games, but if they have tons of games...

I don't own a 3DS, so I can't tell you exactly what GBA games are available for download on it. More than likely, it's missing many of the system's best. But I'm sure it's got some really good first-party titles.

If you're interested in GBA games I'd suggest picking up a GBA SP, phat DS, or a DS Lite (the last DS model with a GBA port) instead, or even a Gameboy Player (assuming you have a Gamecube) to play 'em on your TV.

The 3DS isn't capable of emulating some of the system's more unique experiences like Drill Dozer (rumble pack in cart), Boktai (solar sensor in cart)... Warioware Twisted! is probably available though, seeing as the 3DS has a gyroscopic sensor.

So yeah. That's my two cents. My gf does had a 3DS though, I could borrow it and critique the selection if you'd like.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.09.2012 07:21 PM

More Onimusha Tactics (GBA) plus...

I WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!!!!! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripsk
Radiant Historia, i recommend it to all my Sonic Youth pals.

It's pretty pricey though, no?

I already have too many RPG's I haven't beaten anyhow. :(

Ghostchase 05.09.2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

I don't own a 3DS, so I can't tell you exactly what GBA games are available for download on it. More than likely, it's missing many of the system's best. But I'm sure it's got some really good first-party titles.

If you're interested in GBA games I'd suggest picking up a GBA SP, phat DS, or a DS Lite (the last DS model with a GBA port) instead, or even a Gameboy Player (assuming you have a Gamecube) to play 'em on your TV.

The 3DS isn't capable of emulating some of the system's more unique experiences like Drill Dozer (rumble pack in cart), Boktai (solar sensor in cart)... Warioware Twisted! is probably available though, seeing as the 3DS has a gyroscopic sensor.

So yeah. That's my two cents. My gf does had a 3DS though, I could borrow it and critique the selection if you'd like.

Yeah I think I'll just keep collecting GBA games too, and buy a GBA SP, I really want one, playing on the DS Lite is not very fun and not very cool looking, but it works. Also pick a Gameboy player too.

Been playing Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers on the Wii, has a online feature, its a great game. I already have Street Fighter HD remix for 360 which can play the original (which is pretty much the same correct?) anyways I wanted a Street Fighter for my Wii.

tripsk 05.10.2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

It's pretty pricey though, no?

I already have too many RPG's I haven't beaten anyhow. :(

It's about $35, so kinda. But honestly it's worth it. Lots of fun, and will last you a while.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.10.2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Yeah I think I'll just keep collecting GBA games too, and buy a GBA SP, I really want one, playing on the DS Lite is not very fun and not very cool looking, but it works. Also pick a Gameboy player too.

I play mine mostly on the Game Boy Player or on my Fat DS. I've never played a DS Lite in my life... they look awesome though!

The SP is cool, but make sure you get a backlit model (AGS-101) and also check for dust trapped underneath the screen. I have a dusty front-lit model that just sits in my drawer. It's sad, really.

EVOLghost 05.10.2012 03:40 AM

DS Lite FTW! I love mine. Compact and lights up. :-).

Also MVC2, BEST character select screen song ever.

tripsk 05.10.2012 07:48 AM

^Agreed. anyone still play UMVC3?

floatingslowly 05.10.2012 08:28 AM

One of these days, you kids will grow up and play real games on a real computer, with a keyboard and mouse, not that phallic grabrod you call a 'joy'stick and surely not on some "oldskool" sillybox made by moonpeople.

One of these days you'll grow into your underpants.

EVOLghost 05.10.2012 10:12 AM

^ loloksire

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripsk
^Agreed. anyone still play UMVC3?

Nope, I played it once at the arcade...that's about it.