Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post a picture picture of your desktop (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2234)

al shabbray 08.24.2008 11:37 AM

mine is messy too. only the genius can can controll the chaos (free transferred from german to english )

boy_howdy 08.24.2008 11:52 AM

MellySingsDoom 08.24.2008 11:55 AM

^^^Hey, you got Ableton Live too! Good stuff.

al shabbray 08.24.2008 11:56 AM

and you did a remix of the YYYs cheated hearts?

boy_howdy 08.24.2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
^^^Hey, you got Ableton Live too! Good stuff.

YEAH! I have been using it for about 4 years now, i just got Live 7 and i'm sooooo stoked. I'm trying to find a good rip of the orchestra sample pack though, i don't want to pay $500+ bucks for that shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
and you did a remix of the YYYs cheated hearts?

that is an old remix i did about a year ago. Lately i've been doing lots of glitch pop and making DJ sets for the gay clubs here. I'm thinking about moving to NYC to meet up with my friend/partner in music crime to start doing weird electronic pop stuff again but we'll see.

al shabbray 08.24.2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boy_howdy
YEAH! I have been using it for about 4 years now, i just got Live 7 and i'm sooooo stoked. I'm trying to find a good rip of the orchestra sample pack though, i don't want to pay $500+ bucks for that shit

that is an old remix i did about a year ago. Lately i've been doing lots of glitch pop and making DJ sets for the gay clubs here. I'm thinking about moving to NYC to meet up with my friend/partner in music crime to start doing weird electronic pop stuff again but we'll see.

anything online for a listen?

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.24.2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

got a myspace artist page thing?

MellySingsDoom 08.24.2008 12:18 PM

boy_howdy: Re the Orchestra Packs - I've just done a torrent search, and have come up with one good hit so far - try this out:

http://www.torrentreactor.net/find/a...nstruments/35/

So you want to do stuff for gay clubs, eh? That sounds great - some of the DJ sets at gay clubs I go to here are great, but others tend to stick to a cliched "gay-dance" formula, which I find a bit dull, to be honest. I once went to a skinhead/leather bar, and they were playing the most rubbish gay-dance stuff. For me, 70's disco/Salsoul = Win every time, whereas a fair amount of more modern stuff is just a bit, well, samey to my ears.

boy_howdy 08.24.2008 12:22 PM

hey thanks for the torrent links, man!

trust me, i like the gay-cliche stuff (to an extent! and mostly as a guilt pleasure) but my dance sets are SICK. My two best friends and i used to be the ~main party DJs~ for hipster parties in Austin and it's been really hard for me to find any motivation out here.

I don't have any DJ works up on myspace or anything - you'll have to catch that shit live - but my old pop band has a myspace somewhere, we were called Hey La La? I did recording for Tran Tram (if you can find them, they are awesome!!) and some other artists in austin and nyc. you can see my friend Gryphon's stuff on myspace.com/gryphon - his stuff is similar to mine.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.24.2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

hey thanks for the torrent links, man!

trust me, i like the gay-cliche stuff (to an extent! and mostly as a guilt pleasure) but my dance sets are SICK. My two best friends and i used to be the ~main party DJs~ for hipster parties in Austin and it's been really hard for me to find any motivation out here.

I don't have any DJ works up on myspace or anything - you'll have to catch that shit live - but my old pop band has a myspace somewhere, we were called Hey La La? I did recording for Tran Tram (if you can find them, they are awesome!!) and some other artists in austin and nyc. you can see my friend Gryphon's stuff on myspace.com/gryphon - his stuff is similar to mine.

Wait, what's your dj name?
Do you know Dj Mel?
Or how about some of houstons finest...
Damon, Squincy Jones, Dayta, or Ceeplus?

MellySingsDoom 08.24.2008 12:26 PM

^^^I'll check out the MySpace thingies later on :) If you ever get the chance to record a mix-CD of your DJ set, I'd love to check it out, seriously. (Note to self - listen to crypto's set later on).

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.24.2008 12:28 PM

p.s. i have a new one!!! old one is shit compared to this one
i'll upload it while i read

MellySingsDoom 08.24.2008 12:29 PM

Cheers crypto!

mil_pl 08.24.2008 03:29 PM

greedrex 09.25.2008 01:56 PM

here we go again cuz this thread is way better.

punkaspoo 09.25.2008 02:03 PM

mil_pl 09.25.2008 02:25 PM

EMMAh 09.25.2008 04:00 PM

Danny Himself 09.25.2008 04:15 PM

mil_pl 09.26.2008 02:05 AM

danny you have room for only 4 icons in top :p