Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Do you believe in ghosts? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=41704)

knox 10.15.2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevusa
For Knox:

Also Not Real-
Werewolfs
Zombies
The Sandman
Witches
Goblins

I'm only agnostic in regards to the concept of an omnipresent God. Not fucking ghosts or smurfs.

Shit....

For Knox: Also not real-
Smurfs

I suppose you can't tell so I'll have to tell you. When people are posting about facts, science, theories, history, concepts, they are mentioning quantum psychics, jung and einstein and THIS is the best you can come up with to discuss, it makes them think that perhaps you aren't as bright as you're trying to come across and you can't respond to any of the things that have been presented to you appropriately.

Regardless of how irrational you might think they are being, it's certainly more credible than sounding like a broken record that came out of some adam sandler film.

Also, it seems out of the ordinary that ann ashtray would ignore a post about his own creepiness, is that a new pattern emerging?

knox 10.15.2010 01:56 PM

Oh, also, it might give people the impression that you were never interested in discussing a subject to begin with, but merely trying to find an opportunity to insult other people so you can feel better about yourself.

ann ashtray 10.15.2010 01:57 PM

I'm a total creep, yes. Everyone here knows that already. haha

But ghosts are far creepier. Esp. those that try and argue their existence.

knox 10.15.2010 01:58 PM

But you like to brag about it, hence the surprise.

ann ashtray 10.15.2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
But you like to brag about it, hence the surprise.

I don't care. That should be the suprise, except not really.

It's the internet. I only know two people on this forum (well, three....but one is dead) personally, and I get/got along with all three of them very well. I don't have to defend myself against some girl that likely grew up w/ her parents calling her "princess" every time she'd throw a fit in the super market.

ann ashtray 10.15.2010 02:02 PM

+ you sure make a lot of false assumptions for someone w/ psychic abilities.

knox 10.15.2010 02:09 PM

I'm not making assumptions or asking to hear the story of your life. I'm just saying that you're always more interested in me than you are in any subject being discussed and you never have anything relevant to say other than trying to get personal and that is pretty sad.

ann ashtray 10.15.2010 02:13 PM

Until recently I've not said a god damned thing to ya that was off subject. You're attempting to twist this shit around like ya usually do when ya make claims you can't back up.

Nice try, but again shit ain't workin'.

hevusa 10.15.2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

ghosts are real in one way or another

Knox has yet to produce even "one" way.

Quote:

Like I said, I have plenty of evidence.

To prove the existence of ghosts? You would be the first person on earth, and quite frankly, you don't seem that impressive dear.

ann ashtray 10.15.2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

I know, I was getting excited that she might finally shed some light on this subject too.

Maybe we are just blind to matterless beings.

knox 10.15.2010 02:24 PM

i'm not going to discuss "reality".

hevusa and creep: carry on bonding. <3

knox 10.15.2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ann ashtray
I know, I was getting excited that she might finally shed some light on this subject too.

Maybe we are just blind to matterless beings.

You clearly are. I wouldn't call it beings.

hevusa 10.15.2010 02:28 PM

hahahahaha
you are actually carrying on with this delusion?

"I wouldn't call it beings" like you know what the fuck they are. Fucking ridiculous!!!

hahahahaha
so much fun. so many people in your life must think you are an idiot.

ann ashtray 10.15.2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

You clearly are. I wouldn't call it beings.

Yeah, because the human is so capable of seeing shit that isn't there. There's tons of evidence to back up this claim, and apparently you have to proof that you refuse to share with us.

ann ashtray 10.15.2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

hahahahaha
you are actually carrying on with this delusion?

"I wouldn't call it beings" like you know what the fuck they are. Fucking ridiculous!!!

hahahahaha
so much fun. so many people in your life must think you are an idiot.

By her own account she's dealt with mental issues in the past, so please....take that into consideration Hevusa.

It could have been her meds, or maybe meds were the result of the shit she claims to have seen.....the world will never know.

hevusa 10.15.2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ann ashtray
By her own account she's dealt with mental issues in the past, so please....take that into consideration Hevusa.

It could have been her meds, or maybe meds were the result of the shit she claims to have seen.....the world will never know.

ouch. I had no idea. that sort of changes the "fun".

themawt71 10.15.2010 02:36 PM

hevusa says-

"Who am I? I'm just an honest person that says "I don't know" when something cannot be known instead of making up stupid shit.[/quote]

aren't you saying "no (you fucking stupid idiot etc...)" rather than "i don't know"

refer back to floating slowly's "cunt" post...

and yeah DDD this thread is really hilarious!

knox 10.15.2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

To prove the existence of ghosts? You would be the first person on earth, and quite frankly, you don't seem that impressive dear.

Let me make myself clear: I never meant I had plenty of evidence to prove anything to anyone. I said I had plenty of evidence MYSELF. And none of that concerns you. I was very clear about not being willing to share any of that from the start.

So I am crazy? It's a possibility, but there is no concrete evidence of that either. And it's still more rewarding than being one dimensional, repetitive, defensive, unimaginative being that'll opt for uncalled for aggression as an outlet for insecurity.

I don't need to cling to what I know - there is more freedom in not knowning. Feel free to come back and discuss when you are actually interested in the discussion itself and able to respond to the many aspects people have been pointed out with a little bit more insight.

hevusa 10.15.2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themawt71
aren't you saying "no (you fucking stupid idiot etc...)" rather than "i don't know"

I'm just asking for the evidence that someone thought they had about the existence of ghosts. Do I know that ghosts and god don't exist? No. But I also don't know that the tiny pink invisible elephant living in my refrigerator doesn't exist.

Do I know Ghosts and God aren't real? Yes, until one iota of objective information is presented about them they remain an unknowable concept/theory. Not a part of reality in any manner. On the same level of reality as Alice in Wonderland. These fucking morons on here actually think that ghosts, god and souls are real. That is fucking ridiculous man!

God damn! 2010 and this is where we are at??

ann ashtray 10.15.2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

I'm just asking for the evidence that someone thought they had about the existence of ghosts. Do I know that ghosts and god don't exist? No. But I also don't know that the tiny pink invisible elephant living in my refrigerator doesn't exist.

Do I know Ghosts and God aren't real? Yes, until one iota of objective information is presented about them they remain an unknowable concept/theory. Not a part of reality in any manner. On the same level of reality as Alice in Wonderland. These fucking morons on here actually think that ghosts, god and souls are real. That is fucking ridiculous man!

Let's not forget, she also claimed it's been proven in court.

I'm still waiting for a link to info on this case.