Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   do the opposite of complain (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=34047)

stu666 10.05.2009 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurker
I keep getting neg repped!

shouldn't you have put this in the complain thread? unless you like it. what have you been neg repped for?

Lurker 10.05.2009 02:44 AM

Shit....

Lurker 10.05.2009 02:45 AM

Done

_slavo_ 10.05.2009 02:50 AM

I had the most amazing weekend in Turkey.
Lotsa good shit was going on ... jet-ski racing, parasailing (wicked!) and great fun in general.
I have an interesting life.

notyourfiend 10.05.2009 09:42 AM

i slept well.

i have great friends.

my gf decided that kool thing is the best music video ever.

automatic bzooty 10.05.2009 02:37 PM

coffee + food (finally!) + neu! = a happy booty

Alex's Trip 10.05.2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
whoa, how did i miss this?

look at him... ALL GROWED UP! :p

so where did you end up going? and are you having fun?

UC Berkeley. It is shitloads of fun.I drank myself into a few nights of insomnia the first week. It's a good thing. My roommates are lame (I think one of them was masturbating in his bed when I woke up this morning!) and one eats my food (I told him to knock it the fuck off). But I don't spend that much time in my room, so s'all good. I made some cool friends who gave me a free ticket to see Bon Iver the other night. Everything is basically awesome. The other day a different friend gave me some free ecstasy, and another guy wants to do acid with me. So I'm having a grand old time like always, just now without my parents, which is really the key difference.

I am putting my college education to good use too. I am taking a comic book class that is taught by students for 1 unit. I got to read Sandman and Ghost World. I'm behind on The Bros. Karamazov, and I need to begin Mrs. Dalloway, but that isn't stopping me from having amazing fun.

_slavo_ 10.05.2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notyourfiend

my gf decided that kool thing etc etc.

wait, what?
you're a girl, right?

Lurker 10.05.2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
UC Berkeley. It is shitloads of fun.I drank myself into a few nights of insomnia the first week. It's a good thing. My roommates are lame (I think one of them was masturbating in his bed when I woke up this morning!) and one eats my food (I told him to knock it the fuck off). But I don't spend that much time in my room, so s'all good. I made some cool friends who gave me a free ticket to see Bon Iver the other night. Everything is basically awesome. The other day a different friend gave me some free ecstasy, and another guy wants to do acid with me. So I'm having a grand old time like always, just now without my parents, which is really the key difference.

I am putting my college education to good use too. I am taking a comic book class that is taught by students for 1 unit. I got to read Sandman and Ghost World. I'm behind on The Bros. Karamazov, and I need to begin Mrs. Dalloway, but that isn't stopping me from having amazing fun.

Why do American students have room mates? Is it just the money? If not why the fuck would anyone do it? I hate living with other people anyway and most students are fucking pricks which makes things a lot worse and then to go even further and completely lose all privacy...how can anyone do it?

EDIT - by the way, congratulations for getting there!

Satan 10.05.2009 04:51 PM

best weekend ever

Lurker 10.05.2009 04:52 PM

Were your Seinfeld dvds delivered?

Satan 10.06.2009 03:12 AM

a lot more than that was delivered.

i'll let you interpret that for yourself.

Alex's Trip 10.06.2009 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurker
Why do American students have room mates? Is it just the money? If not why the fuck would anyone do it? I hate living with other people anyway and most students are fucking pricks which makes things a lot worse and then to go even further and completely lose all privacy...how can anyone do it?

EDIT - by the way, congratulations for getting there!

Idk. That is just how it is. I wanted to live in an apartment with a friend who already goes here, but my parents, since I don't have any substantial money, thought for some reason that it would be more expensive. I think I'm paying $1500-17000 a month for this shitty dorm experience, while my friend pays like $600. It is fucking ridiculous. But my parents have always been stupid, so I'm used to it.

and thanks, it is awesome here, and my classes rule right now.

phoenix 10.06.2009 05:34 AM

the whole dorm room/ room mates/ fraternity, concept is so strange to me too.

!@#$%! 10.06.2009 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Idk. That is just how it is. I wanted to live in an apartment with a friend who already goes here, but my parents, since I don't have any substantial money, thought for some reason that it would be more expensive. I think I'm paying $1500-17000 a month for this shitty dorm experience, while my friend pays like $600. It is fucking ridiculous. But my parents have always been stupid, so I'm used to it.

and thanks, it is awesome here, and my classes rule right now.

eh, enjoy being a freshman and walking everywhere and not having to prepare meals and other such shit.

you'll have time for that.

anyway sounds like youre having fun

hey have you met up with schizo there? did she make it? if you do, say hello.

Satan 10.06.2009 09:07 PM

nose piercing

Satan 10.08.2009 04:31 AM

i have a new man.

i believe i might be falling in love.

this is scary.

Alex's Trip 10.08.2009 04:39 AM

pics. the board needs to judge if he's worth it

Satan 10.08.2009 04:46 AM

he is, i think. ive known him for a long time.

i will let y'all know.

god damn those scorpion men.

Satan 10.08.2009 04:56 AM

we are alright, it's whatever.. we'll always be best friends no matter what, nothing could change that. i freaked out for a sec when we broke up but it's cool. i think it's just not there anymore. we had a good run.