Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.21.2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yr
Goddamn Lavos just made me his bitch

hahaha

noisereductions 09.21.2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulva
EVO wasn't too costly, I went last year too. I have a friend who works for choice hotels in the states so I was paying 10 bucks a night for the hotel. Total entry fees were 80 bucks (70 registration and 10 for ssf4ae). That said, I didn't get to compete. I was driving up from LA and our car broke down on the way there, so I missed my pool. Still had a blast, though.

Also while there I met my favourite tgirl~

havent I seen that girl in some Sega ad? Who is that?

EVOLghost 09.21.2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
havent I seen that girl in some Sega ad? Who is that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Is that Kayo Police? lol....

Quote:

Yeah that's Kayo. Man, she's so fucking nice.

She's a model who was born a man.

noisereductions 09.21.2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
She's a model who was born a man.

whaaa?

EVOLghost 09.21.2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

whaaa?

My same reaction...and uhh Vulva...sorry to break the news to ya if you didn't know(but I figured you already did)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayo_Police

In case some of you dismiss wiki for it's openess to edits

http://kotaku.com/5627165/you-are-lo...at-three-dudes

noisereductions 09.21.2011 02:08 PM

wiki says "born a male," But that Kotaku article makes it sound like... "still a male." Yeah?

EVOLghost 09.21.2011 02:11 PM

Yeah. "She" hasn't had any surgery I guess.

vulva 09.21.2011 02:22 PM

A friend of mine read her bio recently. Basically she's had hormone therapy and nothing else, still has a penis. However, she identifies as a female, so by all means she is female. Just happens to have a penis.

edit: also, evol, not that I referred to her as my favourite 'tgirl' ;p

EVOLghost 09.21.2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

A friend of mine read her bio recently. Basically she's had hormone therapy and nothing else, still has a penis. However, she identifies as a female, so by all means she is female. Just happens to have a penis.

edit: also, evol, not that I referred to her as my favourite 'tgirl' ;p

hehehe. I wasn't sure if that meant what I had thought it mean.

vulva 09.21.2011 02:57 PM

I would totally get in a 3some with her and karaface any day

EVOLghost 09.21.2011 03:07 PM

After seeing who Karaface is....I'd totally agree with your statement.

but....is....Karaface another tgirl? I'm at school right now so quite a few sites are blocked.

vulva 09.21.2011 03:16 PM

karaface is a tgirl, yeah

floatingslowly 09.21.2011 03:23 PM

I too just happen to have a penis.

...just putting that out there.

EVOLghost 09.21.2011 06:01 PM

errr.....I take back what I said.

noisereductions 09.21.2011 07:36 PM

noisereductions 09.21.2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Joe, did you download this???

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.21.2011 09:31 PM

NO...my disc drive is busted, so I can't burn anything. :(

I think I have a bad laser.

Pelle 09.23.2011 06:09 AM

QWOP !!!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.29.2011 05:16 PM

Well... this sure is unlike any puzzle game I've ever played.

If only I could figure out exactly HOW TO PLAY IT! :confused:

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.29.2011 07:15 PM

:D Now, THIS takes me back!

Ghostchase 09.30.2011 09:38 PM

A Japanese T-girl that likes video games. COOL!

deflinus 10.01.2011 11:11 AM

EVOLghost 10.01.2011 11:16 AM

I heard about that game. Forgot what it's called...but it's made by one of the creators of Meatboy isn't it?

deflinus 10.01.2011 11:19 AM

yea, its called The Binding Of Isaac

it's not bad. the story is pretty original and i like how it plays
like an old school Zelda game. it's kind of hard though

EVOLghost 10.01.2011 11:40 AM

is it pc-only?

deflinus 10.01.2011 11:43 AM

yea, for now. you can play it on steam if you have an account there.
the game's only $5

noisereductions 10.01.2011 12:26 PM

EVOLghost 10.02.2011 02:20 PM

still in SF mode. I haven't gotten anythign new, though I should.

anyways...had a nice list of stuff to DL...but I lost that list. But, the first game I get is probably gonna be Ico and SotC as well as Dark Souls. the...Spiritual sequel to Demon's Souls.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.02.2011 04:06 PM

More Devil May Cry. My god this game is hard.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.02.2011 09:39 PM

EVOLghost 10.03.2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

HAha...was playing some of this last night! Owning it up with Olimar.

Tonight we played Melee...Link is OP.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.04.2011 03:30 PM

My favorites are still Pikachu, Samus, Fox, and Mario (lack of Dr. Mario is lame). Young Link was another favorite of mine in Melee (never could stand using Link though) - do you know if 'Cartoon Link' or whatever plays similar to Young Link? I haven't unlocked him yet.

I was having tons of fun owning ass as Peach and Pit last night (lol peach pit....errr..). I'm glad Pit works well with my playing style; seeing as Kid Icarus is one of my all-time favorite NES titles.

But anywho, aside from Devil May Cry, I've been fiddling around with a few new purchases of mine. As follows...

Heavenly Guardian (Wii)

Once again, I'm having a lot of fun with a game that was panned harshly by critics. Now, I won't argue this is a great title; it certainly isn't. What I like about Heavenly Guardian is that rather than coming across as a sleek throwback to games of yore (as many modern retro-styled games do), it plays moreso like some random, yet decent, SNES/Genesis cart that I'm just now discovering. Which makes sense, since it was originally intended to be a sequel to Pocky & Rocky, before licensing issues erupted.

For only $2.99 at GameStop, my purchase was highly justified.

NEXT UP is KoF XI (PS2)

Another outstanding SNK Fighter, although I've gotta say I still prefer NEO GEO BATTLE COLLISEUM (PS2) overall - it's only because I'm not fully acquainted with this one yet. I also can't seem to figure out how to crank up the difficulty in this game - which leaves playing single player mode a little too easy for my tastes.

Point Blank (PS1)

OMG THIS GAME FUCKING RULES!!!!!!!

It's pretty much a light-gun version of the Warioware series, before the Warioware series existed. You are given multiple challenges to complete by shooting down a select number of targets/criminals/asteroids/squids/skeletons/ninjas/fireballs/etc. within a very small frame of time (usually 10 - 20 seconds), while avoiding bombs/citizens/targets of the opposite color/etc. This really creates for a hectic experience, and a few other varying styles of chalenges provide enough variety where the game NEVER gets old.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Especially w/ the Namco GunCon that shipped w/ it. I couldn't imagine this being very much fun with just a standard controller.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii)

Believe every single drop of hype you've ever heard about this game. If you own a Wii, have $15, and like side-scrolling action games - then you should be ashamed of yourself for not owning this yet. As I am currently ashamed for not picking this one up sooner.

The game is simply fun as hell. The action is high-paced, the fighting mechanics are clever (I use the Wii's classic controller plus) and the art design is absolutely gorgeous. Easily one of the best titles on the Wii - which really says a lot.

Pelle 10.04.2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Wow, that game!!:eek:

Been dying to find that shit,

how is it?

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.04.2011 03:35 PM

Oh yeah, and I also bought Clock Tower for PS1, but haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet.

noisereductions 10.04.2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Heavenly Guardian (Wii)

Once again, I'm having a lot of fun with a game that was panned harshly by critics. Now, I won't argue this is a great title; it certainly isn't. What I like about Heavenly Guardian is that rather than coming across as a sleek throwback to games of yore (as many modern retro-styled games do), it plays moreso like some random, yet decent, SNES/Genesis cart that I'm just now discovering. Which makes sense, since it was originally intended to be a sequel to Pocky & Rocky, before licensing issues erupted.

you know this was actually a Pocky & Rocky sequel, but at the last minute they lost hte licensing rights so they jst drew new sprites and called it something else, right?

noisereductions 10.04.2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelle
Wow, that game!!:eek:

Been dying to find that shit,

how is it?

oh God, I'm a huge fan of the whole Splatterhouse series!

noisereductions 10.04.2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah, and I also bought Clock Tower for PS1, but haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet.

PLAY IT PLAY IT PLAY IT

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.04.2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

you know this was actually a Pocky & Rocky sequel, but at the last minute they lost hte licensing rights so they jst drew new sprites and called it something else, right?

Quote:

Heavenly Guardian (Wii)

:p

Have you tried any of the other games noise? I want to hear your take on ALL OF THEM.

noisereductions 10.04.2011 03:56 PM

hahahahahaha

EVOLghost 10.04.2011 08:11 PM

Maramasa looks fun!

I haven't played Clock Tower, but I've watched my friend play it. I don't think I'd be able to get past the whole point n click deal.