Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Unpopular Opinions (Non-Music Related) (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=32455)

radarmaker 07.20.2009 06:17 AM

Vista is nicer than any other OS I've used.

SuperCreep 07.20.2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radarmaker
Vista is nicer than any other OS I've used.

I have to agree. I don't understand why people get so bitchy about it.

MellySingsDoom 07.20.2009 01:48 PM

The English should basically be banned from trying to get suntans. We always do it wrong - you shoulda seen the amount of lobster tans Londoners were sporting a few weeks ago - and the Mediterraneans always have it going on properly on the tanning front. We should embrace our pasty-faced heritage and accept that we just ain't up to being bronzed.

Satan 07.20.2009 01:49 PM

^yes

irish and scots too

me and julian are vampires

MellySingsDoom 07.20.2009 01:53 PM

^^^This receives the official Melly Seal Of Approval (essentially a bottle of vodka with a rosette on it).

And for you and Mister Julian being vampires, there can only be one song that does ye both justice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaWn0qcRYFA

Satan 07.20.2009 02:01 PM

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbWULu5_nXI
for you. stay pasty.

mister julian...

more like master julian

sarramkrop 07.20.2009 02:22 PM

I've never been able to see the appeal of James Joyce's writing, no matter how hard I've tried, and trust me, I did try many times. Perhaps this is not even an unpopular opinion because I'm well aware that he did have talent, I just don't like his books.

Glice 07.20.2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I've never been able to see the appeal of James Joyce's writing, no matter how hard I've tried, and trust me, I did try many times. Perhaps this is not even an unpopular opinion because I'm well aware that he did have talent, I just don't like his books.

Obviously, it's a bit AIDS to argue with an opinion like this, but how do you get on with Hardy and the like?

sarramkrop 07.20.2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Obviously, it's a bit AIDS to argue with an opinion like this, but how do you get on with Hardy and the like?

I've only read Thomas Hardy's 'Jude The Obscure' and 'Life's Little Ironies', both of which I've enjoyed a lot, especially the former.

pbradley 07.20.2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
The English should basically be banned from trying to get suntans. We always do it wrong - you shoulda seen the amount of lobster tans Londoners were sporting a few weeks ago - and the Mediterraneans always have it going on properly on the tanning front. We should embrace our pasty-faced heritage and accept that we just ain't up to being bronzed.

Not just the English. I've burnt my legs close to second degree. They're red and swollen but no blisters or peeling. It feels like being constantly kicked in the shins to walk around.

dirty bunny 07.20.2009 02:58 PM

I tan fine, but I'm not English. In fact I tan without even trying.

Satan 07.28.2009 01:50 PM

i despise feminists and feminism and anyone who associates themselves with that movement

it was great in 1970 when women actually had something to gain from it
it's not going to get any more "equal", there is nothing to fight for (in this country at least) you have nothing to gain from your bitching except for a kick in the uterus so turn off lifetime and shut the fuck up.

MellySingsDoom 07.28.2009 01:53 PM

People who drop deadly meaty farts at gigs ought to either a) die, or b) have a large cork shoved up their fundament to stop them parping any more forever.

atsonicpark 07.28.2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCreep
I have to agree. I don't understand why people get so bitchy about it.

How many times did you have to "give permission" for Windows to open your browser so you could say that?

...that's the main reason people don't like it.

Oh, and it's buggy. And lots of things are incompatible with it. And it's ugly. And...

Sonic Youth 37 07.28.2009 02:12 PM

Corvettes are ugly.

Satan 07.28.2009 02:13 PM

yeah they fucking are
the old ones are badass though

SuperCreep 07.28.2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
How many times did you have to "give permission" for Windows to open your browser so you could say that?

...that's the main reason people don't like it.

Oh, and it's buggy. And lots of things are incompatible with it. And it's ugly. And...

none. I only have to "give permisssion" when I have to update my browser, which is a pretty rare occurrence. I personally don't find it to be that big of a deal. You can disable them anyway.

Appearance-wise, I hated it at first, but got used to it after a week. Windows XP just looks incredibly clunky and archaic to me now. I guess I'm lucky to say I haven't ran into any bugs/incompatibility either, so huzzah for me.

demonrail666 07.28.2009 02:39 PM

the karate kid is better than enter the dragon. far better.

Sonic Youth 37 07.28.2009 02:42 PM

atsonicpark 07.28.2009 03:19 PM

I still use windows ME so I guess I have no room to talk!