Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

porkmarrass 11.12.2006 04:28 AM

Oh, thanks sweetie.

davenotdead 11.12.2006 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
davenotdead, you've only got 21 posts on this board and a few of them have been in this thread. I'm not sure what that says about your personality. I don't know - probably doesn't say anything. But you have Trout Mask Replica as your avatar, so that's a plus.

I don't see the Courtney Love thing in that particular pic. It's a good pic, though.

thats what i do....i go through message boards' 'pic' threads to get a feel for the population and look for posssible soulmates...and after i devour the souls of the most attractive members, i move on...just an fyi, i'm heading for the OC boards next...but im not expecting anything great...mostly depressed overweight teenage girls obsessed with the 'cute geek' adam brody-type....

in all honesty, im obsessed with human behavior (and patterns) as it applies to personal image...the only reason i did well in university econ courses...its all about human behaviour....

blue sunlover 11.12.2006 06:46 AM

well done so you never asked the question if you fit in .you just did it for knowing the human behaviour.i wish i had this discipline.how does it taste? all you got to know is that our nature is shizophrenic,and that you better do well in your life so you can die quietly.

Jico 11.12.2006 09:41 AM

Jico 11.12.2006 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous

cantankerous on an off day. thanks rose.

__________________________________________________ _________

davenotdead 11.12.2006 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue sunlover
well done so you never asked the question if you fit in .you just did it for knowing the human behaviour.i wish i had this discipline.how does it taste? all you got to know is that our nature is shizophrenic,and that you better do well in your life so you can die quietly.

why would i need to ask myself that question?...is this place 'cliquey'?...i lurked for months before i joined...so i already had an idea of the vibe...and i did say 'behaviour as it relates to image', which is, of course, why i would be looking at your pictures...this isnt the only message board that i visit, its quite interesting to see how the fans for each band look/carry themselves...

ni'k 11.12.2006 10:43 AM

hey dave, that's really interesting stuff.

you should post yr obervations about us.

cuetzpalin 11.12.2006 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarrass

hey, cool!

artsygrrl 11.12.2006 06:14 PM

porky, you one hot bitch.

artsygrrl 11.12.2006 06:18 PM

porkmarras 11.12.2006 06:20 PM

That's my troll!hehe.I normally push small children into lakes and ponds.

artsygrrl 11.12.2006 06:22 PM

heehee...sounds like my kinda fun

Danny Himself 11.12.2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artsygrrl

Is it just me?

artsygrrl 11.12.2006 06:37 PM

hahaha....I WISH....most ppl think I look like Alice Cooper or Steven Tyler...not a good thang if yer a girl.

Danny Himself 11.12.2006 06:38 PM

Don't we all wish we could be more like Patty?

*sigh*

Cantankerous 11.12.2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
I don't see the Courtney Love thing in that particular pic. It's a good pic, though.

probably the reason that you don't see it is because it's not there.

davenotdead 11.13.2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
hey dave, that's really interesting stuff.

you should post yr obervations about us.

you guys are 'off da hook'....seriously, you guys are schizo assholes...but you probably knew that...the radiohead boardies are much more pleasant than you guys, though they are a bit shallow and somewhat cliquey...i will say that you guys are not as bad as the APC (a perfect circle) group...my my my, they are terrible misogynists and egocentric bastards they are...i lurked for a few weeks in 2004 and haven't been back...the Tool chat rooms are probably more grotesque than you guys as well, but there are actually some ok people there, though i haven't been there in a year either...

h8kurdt 11.13.2006 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
you guys are 'off da hook'....seriously, you guys are schizo assholes...but you probably knew that...the radiohead boardies are much more pleasant than you guys, though they are a bit shallow and somewhat cliquey...i will say that you guys are not as bad as the APC (a perfect circle) group...my my my, they are terrible misogynists and egocentric bastards they are...i lurked for a few weeks in 2004 and haven't been back...the Tool chat rooms are probably more grotesque than you guys as well, but there are actually some ok people there, though i haven't been there in a year either...

And the best board you've been to?

davenotdead 11.14.2006 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
And the best board you've been to?

not trying to be coy, but its my favorite board because its a chill and laid-back community, and its quite smaller than this one, which is a major charm...its for another of my fave bands, but they dont quite have the kind of following that SY does...

next step 11.14.2006 06:45 AM

me taking a pictures with the camera of my friend...

screamingskull 11.14.2006 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blank Label

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:p

Blank Label 11.14.2006 11:46 AM

As long as there's one drop left in the river of justice.....I will never stop fighting for your right to post weird pictures on this thread...drive on Sonic Warriors.

Danny Himself 11.14.2006 11:48 AM

Quote:

As long as there's one drop left in the river of justice.....I will never stop fighting for your right to post weird pictures on this thread...drive on Sonic Warriors.

You are just too awesome. Hi five!

porkmarrass 11.14.2006 11:50 AM

Ooooh,a man in uniform.Thanks a lot for posting that,I've just gone and creamed myself.

king_buzzo 11.14.2006 11:52 AM

*shovel to face

porkmarrass 11.14.2006 11:53 AM

*squeal*

Blank Label 11.14.2006 12:10 PM

When I shoot my machine gun, I always play Death Valley '69 in my head...makes the rounds hit the target better....I wonder if SY knows that about them?

BarbecueSmell 11.14.2006 12:11 PM

Americans

_slavo_ 11.14.2006 12:16 PM

Troll Parade

arthritis2600 11.14.2006 12:20 PM

Where's me Kinks records?Where's me glasses?Where's me old bird?

The Usher 11.14.2006 12:26 PM

Quote:

Hey soldier, you Americans sure love your guns don't you...

Blank Label 11.14.2006 12:31 PM

Absolutely! "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition" seems to be the way of the world in other cultures these days....so there's a lot of competition, but yes, Americans and guns have had a wonderful relationship over the years.....smells like....Freedom!

Danny Himself 11.14.2006 12:54 PM

It would also make sense for him to have a gun since he's obviously in some sort of militia.

Blank Label 11.14.2006 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
It would also make sense for him to have a gun since he's obviously in some sort of militia.

Well, we've got better stuff than the militia....no money in the militia these days......

Danny Himself 11.14.2006 01:06 PM

So anyway, how 'bout them storms in the Pacific Northwest? I am worried for my associates there.

Blank Label 11.14.2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
So anyway, how 'bout them storms in the Pacific Northwest? I am worried for my associates there.

Well, there is yet another system...blinding snow from the first system, howling winds as it makes it's way east, tomorrow could be another significant rain producer for the northwest pacific coast...batton down the hatches mates no relief in sight.....

king_buzzo 11.14.2006 01:15 PM

eye. around 2004

cryptowonderdruginvogue 11.14.2006 02:55 PM

Quote:

Absolutely! "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition" seems to be the way of the world in other cultures these days....so there's a lot of competition, but yes, Americans and guns have had a wonderful relationship over the years.....smells like....Freedom!

i salute you, sir
thank you for supporting our country

Cantankerous 11.14.2006 07:22 PM

lilly's off day pt. II

no doubt that this will be taken down, so enjoy the atrocity while you can.

golden child 11.14.2006 07:24 PM

nice hair