Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 09:27 PM

haha I'll reccomend eternal darkness, but I'm not so sure about chibi robo... but well... Might as well reccomend ODAMA!

..nah.

actually, ohhh, I WOULD reccomend fire emblem.. it's fun as hell, though the micromanaging might get old to some people...

I don't reccomend kirby air ride unless you like holding down the "A" button for 4 hours straight. Also, the f-zero gx game gives me a headache.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 09:27 PM

Oh and the DK Bongos are dirt cheap anywhere you look

Derek 07.14.2011 09:27 PM

Puyo Pop Fever is really cheap so I'll probably get that.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 09:28 PM

It doesn't get much cutesier than Chibi Robo

How is Odama? It's like a voice activated pinball srategy game or something?

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 09:29 PM

Oh I HATED Odama. It's just ridiculous. I think it was the last Cube game I bought before I sold it.

You know me, I LOVE gimmicky games and I hated it.

PUYO is just mean bean machine derek. in case you already have it. or kirby's avalanche. All the same thing. But fun.

noisereductions 07.14.2011 09:30 PM

was just playing Killer7 last night guys. On PS2 though. But yr right about PN03 Joe. That's one of the best Cube exclusives.

Derek 07.14.2011 09:31 PM

I'm just going by the used prices on amazon.

Chibi-Robo is like £50 used (that's like 75 dollars). Same with Fire Emblem.

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 09:34 PM

fuck.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 09:35 PM

That's insane. I got my Chibi Robo for under $10 shipped!

Maybe the PAL version is really rare or something.

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 09:39 PM

yeah, has to be.

I see almost all the games mentioned used all the time, for $10-12...

but PAL is a whole different story.

Hell, someone told me once that MR. BONES on the Saturn is worth like $200, PAL version-wise, whereas here it's like $10-20. Weird.

I will say, the game I mentioned earlier, FLUID/DEPTH is pal- and japan-exclusive. No American release. So get that game immediately, PAL-lies!

Also, all you PALs get the best game magazine ever: RETRO GAMER. I subscribe to this thing, and it isn't cheap. But it's worth it.

AMAZING magazine.

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 09:42 PM

FUCK

http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Gamer-Co...0697699&sr=8-1

$144

totally worth it, though!

Derek 07.14.2011 09:42 PM

Yeah I have one or two issues of Retro Gamer.

Actually in the package I sent you I wrote a little 'thank you' note on a picture I cut out from a Retro Gamer.

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 09:51 PM

oh nice

I JUST bought this, like, 5 seconds ago

sexy

$38 american, not bad imo. Will definitely end up being like $500 pretty soon...

barnes and noble luckily keeps em in stock for a while..

I just HAD TO HAVE this one, cuz super metroid is in it.

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 09:54 PM

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 09:55 PM

BTW, good news everyone, egm is scanning their entire archive (like 269 issues) to be read in .pdf format.

That's a LOT of good shit... can't wait to re-read issue 150, for example.. anyway..

krastian 07.14.2011 10:09 PM

I got that Child of Eden shit from the library, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

atsonicpark 07.15.2011 12:07 AM

^Isn't that the rez "sequel" by the guy who did every extended extra, rez, meteos, lumines, and space channel 5? If so... even having not played it... I'd wager to guess it's a great game!

atsonicpark 07.15.2011 12:19 AM

atsonicpark 07.15.2011 12:24 AM

Count Mecha 07.15.2011 03:21 AM

Fucking Monster Party. The first level of that game is incredible, one of the best first levels in any game. Everything else sucks though.

Got tricked into trading Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania for it by a manipulative friend of my brothers (who is about a decade older than me). Really took advantage of my six-year oldness. Worst part is his name is written on the back of the game so I'm reminded of it every time I look at it. Game has a good ending though.

atsonicpark 07.15.2011 10:04 AM

god I love this game. Quick, someone name a game with better music than JOURNEY TO SILIUS.

YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atsonicpark 07.15.2011 10:05 AM

I want to mention we love this game so much around here we started a Silius cult, watch LATE NIGHT WITH DAVID SILIUS, and we had a cat named Silius.

atsonicpark 07.15.2011 10:09 AM

btw, just got rapid angel. Seems pretty dope so far

it closely resembles LITTLE RALPH, the greatest video game of all time.

GeneticKiss 07.15.2011 12:07 PM

Just finished replaying this, with 100% of items (thank you, Metroid Recon).

Now playing this:

I need to to suck it up and get a WiiU when it sees the light of day if I ever want to play a new Metroid game again...I don't think anything's planned for launch, but until then I can get this:

And this, if I can find it cheap:

Metroid's easily my favorite Nintendo franchise, and my third favorite franchise of all time (first two are Sonic the Hedgehog and Resident Evil). I wish Nintendo would just go third party like Sega so I don't have to waste money on a new Nintendo console that I'm most likely only gonna be interested in 10% of the games for.

EVOLghost 07.15.2011 05:40 PM

^ hahaa....

Anyone ever play Samurai Showdown? I started play SS5 and well it's pretty neat.

noisereductions 07.15.2011 08:42 PM

I hated Metroid Prime.

Count Mecha 07.16.2011 01:23 AM

Haha I have a funny story about a friend that I always like to think about concerning Metroid Prime.

My friend and his brother are HUGE Nintendo fans, defends just about everything they do. And they're really into all of their big franchises, Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Starfox. Well he was playing through all the Metroid games because you know, that's what you do, you just one you haven't played and play through it, his brother played through Metroid and drew a map as he played it.

Anyway, my friend gets to Metroid Prime but the problem is, he gets motion sickness. And Metroid Prime made him pretty ill, but fuck it man, it's Metroid. So he plays through the game, gamecube controller in hand, and a bucket between his legs, where he throws up into it every ten or fifteen minutes that he's playing from motion sickness. And I'm pretty sure he's played through all of them. Cracks me up.

Sonic Youth 37 07.16.2011 01:26 AM

and

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.16.2011 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Anyone ever play Samurai Showdown? I started play SS5 and well it's pretty neat.

I really like the first one. I haven't played any of the rest in the series though.

Pax Americana 07.16.2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

god I love this game. Quick, someone name a game with better music than JOURNEY TO SILIUS.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to atsonicpark again.

Holy shit!!! I had completely forgotten about this game until I saw this post! I used to play the fuck outta Journey To Silius when I was a kid. Great, great game! There used to be this little, locally owned furniture and appliance store near my house when I was kid, and the owner bought and sold used NES games and electronics. I remember my dad taking me in there and letting me pick out a game every time I got a really good report card. Journey was one of the first games I got from there. You're totally right about the music too, man! This game had some of the best music on the NES, hands down. It's right up there with the Mega Man games, maybe even better. I can still remember the title theme and everything.

Thanks for bringing this game up! What a blast from the past. I wanna play it sooooo bad now! Hahaha.

Best NES music (in my opinion) is the Mega Man 3 title theme. It's just soooo epic. I still get chills when I hear it, man. That damn song used to get 8-year-old me so pumped to kick robot ass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiQgYfyUdDs

GeneticKiss 07.16.2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Mecha
Haha I have a funny story about a friend that I always like to think about concerning Metroid Prime.

My friend and his brother are HUGE Nintendo fans, defends just about everything they do. And they're really into all of their big franchises, Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Starfox. Well he was playing through all the Metroid games because you know, that's what you do, you just one you haven't played and play through it, his brother played through Metroid and drew a map as he played it.

Anyway, my friend gets to Metroid Prime but the problem is, he gets motion sickness. And Metroid Prime made him pretty ill, but fuck it man, it's Metroid. So he plays through the game, gamecube controller in hand, and a bucket between his legs, where he throws up into it every ten or fifteen minutes that he's playing from motion sickness. And I'm pretty sure he's played through all of them. Cracks me up.

Aside from some of the Morph Ball sections and maybe using the Grapple Beam, I don't see how someone could get motion sickness from Metroid Prime.

Then again, I don't get motion sickness from imagery (sometimes when I'm on amusement rides my stomach doesn't travel with the rest of me though), so maybe I'm not one to be the judge of that.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.19.2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

Been playing this A LOT. Everything about LttP is just so timeless, it honestly hasn't aged a bit in the 20 years since its release. Outstanding.

krastian 07.19.2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Fucking right.

stu666 07.20.2011 07:44 AM

US $1,000,000.00 for Tetris! :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TETRIS-sega-mega...-/130545774269

Count Mecha 07.20.2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Haha, Star Control 2 has better music.

EVOLghost 07.23.2011 01:20 PM

Went to the arcade last night again. They got Ikaruga which is an INSANELY awesome and hard game. And well...played SvC Chaos

Honestly.....I like these games more than regular SF games....I mean. The animation n stuff is awesome!

On my ps3 I have another version which features more chracters like what seems to be Shin Akuma and an Evil Ken. The Evil Ken kicks total ass. But yeah....

noisereductions 07.24.2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

btw, just got rapid angel. Seems pretty dope so far

it closely resembles LITTLE RALPH, the greatest video game of all time.

beat Rapid Angels the other night.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.25.2011 02:05 AM

Murmer99 07.25.2011 02:43 PM

symphony of the night

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.25.2011 04:23 PM

^ That's a game I could slap myself for still not having played yet.

(on GBA SP)

(on O.G. '89 GameBoy)