Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 08:12 PM

HOLY FUCK WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THEY'RE MAKING A CONTRA HARD CORPS SEQUEL?!

AND IT'S COMING OUT FOR..
oh, you just download it.. hmm.. so basically EVERY SINGLE GAME THIS GENERATION THAT I WANT TO PLAY is download-only (except for sin and punishment 2 on the wii)? Um, okay. Has anyone emulated any of these games yet? Like, I really want to play Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved. Thank god I got to play Cave Story on my computer..

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
Dude, tell me, you watch so many movies, you play so many games, you listen to so much music... Do you sleep at night ? Do you have a work ?

Oh, wait, I get it: you're a robot ! Right ? A filmmaking robot.

I watch amovie when I wake up, I watch a movie when I go to bed. I also often have one playing when I'm at the computer. listen to music at the computer and when I drive (and I drive a lot, since I live in the country). I play video games in my spare time. As for filmmaking/music making, I'm always balancing that stuff. The last Scissor Shock album took 2 years to write, but it only took 3 weeks to record.. maybe a few hours a day.. some songs took an hour.. my movies don't take very long to make, it feels really natural to edit.. when people see how intricate a movie like currently untitled is, they're alway ssurprised when I tell them it took 10 hours or so to edit it all (but there's so much sped up footage that I probably filmed, oh, 15-20 hours worth of footage in it). It only took me an hour to animate, edit, and score an episode of blaze...

Keep in mind that I often go home for lunch from work and play video games or work on movies and shit on my lunchbreak.

I just make very wise choices with my time, I guess... maybe I'm just gifted..

noisereductions 08.10.2010 08:21 PM

I've played D.

I didn't know about Strider 2 though. i've played a lot of Strider. I feel like I don't like it though.

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 08:22 PM

..huh

TheFoxBen 08.10.2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I watch amovie when I wake up, I watch a movie when I go to bed. I also often have one playing when I'm at the computer. listen to music at the computer and when I drive (and I drive a lot, since I live in the country). I play video games in my spare time. As for filmmaking/music making, I'm always balancing that stuff. The last Scissor Shock album took 2 years to write, but it only took 3 weeks to record.. maybe a few hours a day.. some songs took an hour.. my movies don't take very long to make, it feels really natural to edit.. when people see how intricate a movie like currently untitled is, they're alway ssurprised when I tell them it took 10 hours or so to edit it all (but there's so much sped up footage that I probably filmed, oh, 15-20 hours worth of footage in it). It only took me an hour to animate, edit, and score an episode of blaze...

Keep in mind that I often go home for lunch from work and play video games or work on movies and shit on my lunchbreak.

I just make very wise choices with my time, I guess... maybe I'm just gifted..

Well, at least, I can say that's courageous. Seriously, I can't do that, I wake up very late and basically end up sitting on my ass and listening to music all day long... I'm too lazy to play video games hahaha but I still do from time to time and I just need to get back into a video game mood. Same goes for movies.

noisereductions 08.10.2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

..huh

I think Strider sucks. Even though I"ve played it a lot. I don't really like it.

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 08:39 PM

Uh.. okay?

Strider (as in, the arcade game, later ported to Genesis) is one of the best games ever made. Strider 2 is even better. Strider for the NES is also awesome.

noisereductions 08.10.2010 08:41 PM

I had the Genesis game and could never enjoy it. The NES game which is way differnt was better to me. But still. I dont know.

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 08:41 PM

Haha... uh, okay. Whatever you say! That's definitely one I haven't heard before.

noisereductions 08.10.2010 08:52 PM

hahah> I dn't know. I just never liked it. I've played it a million times over the past like what? 20 yrs? I just don't like it. Cant even say why.

FreshChops 08.10.2010 11:49 PM

with my son.....

[ohhh, that was bigger than it was supposed to be, oops =o

deflinus 08.10.2010 11:52 PM

a-p a. niemi 08.11.2010 03:11 PM

Also just got Kuru Kuru Kururin and Metroid Fusion (both CIB) for GBA!

noisereductions 08.11.2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-p a. niemi

Also just got Kuru Kuru Kururin and Metroid Fusion (both CIB) for GBA!

where the F did you find Kuru CIB???

noisereductions 08.11.2010 09:04 PM

(Nightmare On Elm Street NES)

gawd, I love this game. I never tire of it. It's in my top 10 of all time I think, which is a big thing to say -- but I really have loved it since it came out.

atsonicpark 08.12.2010 03:30 AM

there's no image, what game are you referring to there nr?

I'm playing the FUCK out of this:

and

and

atsonicpark 08.12.2010 03:35 AM

Guess what my girlfriend is giving back to me in the morning?

oh shit..

atsonicpark 08.12.2010 06:35 AM

she just called and asked me if we could play this..

(though I like UmJammer Lammy and the sequel better)

CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GAME IS GOING FOR LIKE $70 ON AMAZON.

A game that can be beaten in 20 minutes.. weird.

screamingskull 08.12.2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

she just called and asked me if we could play this..

(though I like UmJammer Lammy and the sequel better)

CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GAME IS GOING FOR LIKE $70 ON AMAZON.

A game that can be beaten in 20 minutes.. weird.

parappa the rapper? that game was awesome, but hard

noisereductions 08.12.2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

there's no image, what game are you referring to there nr?

it was Nightmare On Elm St (NES) which is (sincerely) a favorite of mine. I play that game OFTEN. Probably more than well... anyone else ever has. haha.

Mr. Driller rules.

That reminds me, I better hunt this falker down: