Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

Jeremy 07.11.2011 03:11 AM

Started playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance again. Last time I played was about six or seven years ago. It's held up really well, I've just been plowing through it.

~Jeremy~

EVOLghost 07.11.2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
yep, HD with online play. Just like the SF2HD. Too bad yr PS3 is hacked and you can't get online . :(

OH but just you wait. I think I may be able to get online soon and WHOOP DAT ASS. jk. You'll probably win.

noisereductions 07.12.2011 10:32 AM

I'm ok at SSF4 against my friends. And do fair against random strangers.

I'm surprisingly good at MvC3 against friends. Horrible against strangers.

I'm not very good at BlazBlue.

I think that's all the fighting games I play online.

Oh, wait I have MK9 but haven't played it online yet. Hmm.

EVOLghost 07.12.2011 07:40 PM

I got all the SF's except 4 on my ps3 now. Including hacked versions of sf2. I played my cousin but....it seems I may have gotten better....so has he. I need to play more. I got work now...but once I get home.....sfa3 and sf3s are going to be played...... a lot.

noisereductions 07.12.2011 08:27 PM

I got a backwards compatible PS3, so I have a bunch of SF's on various PS1 and PS2 comps.

Inhuman 07.12.2011 11:43 PM

I've been hooked on Starcraft 2 lately. It's the shiznit. Best thing since Age of Empires 2 in strategy gaming

EVOLghost 07.13.2011 06:02 AM

6 am sf.

and I still need to play scii

Keeping It Simple 07.13.2011 07:11 AM

Fable 3.

EVOLghost 07.13.2011 07:37 PM

fuck it. Anyone have any suggestions to using a d-pad for Sf....my thumb is blistered to shit....and I just can't use the joystick anymore.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 05:13 AM

the game of love

Pelle 07.14.2011 06:45 AM

Recently started playing Postal 2 again.

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 09:45 AM

LACK OF LOVE

the best dreamcast game ever!

Yes, even better than D2.

Get this game asap.

noisereductions 07.14.2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
fuck it. Anyone have any suggestions to using a d-pad for Sf....my thumb is blistered to shit....and I just can't use the joystick anymore.

for PS3?

I use this:

made by MatCatz. I can't use the dualshock's dpad for fighters either. Caused serious pain for me cuz my thumb's are double jointed.

EVOLghost 07.14.2011 05:43 PM

^ thanks but I managed to find a way to play it. i was playing it this morning and i've found a new way. I don't slide my thumb as much. Finally I can get my shoryukens done right! but that d-pad does look nice...smooth...

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 06:54 PM

HOLY FUCK

EVERYONE DOWNLOAD THE GAME "FLUID" FOR THE PLAYSTATION.

The whole game.. you're controlling a dolphin swimming around and every button you press controls certain sounds, so you make songs as you're swimming... it's a LOT cooler than it sounds, because each "level" is a whole new pack of samples/sounds.. like, a really dark ocean goes with dark rave music and each of the shape buttons controls, like, a supermodulated synth or a 909 thing or whatever, and as you swim up or down it changes notes/frequencies and you can even change the bpm and rhythms, and it ALL goes with the video.

It's INSANE.

Blows my mind.

Imagine Electroplankton but 100x cooler and 10 years sooner!

FLUID!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Dr. Eugene, Ummm I don't have a Wii, but we still probably can play a few matches online. My friend lives down the street also has two wii's....so we probably can set something up.

I'll be waiting with bells on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
LACK OF LOVE

the best dreamcast game ever!

Yes, even better than D2.

Get this game asap.

I've been meaning to import that for a while now.

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 07:25 PM

trivia: the guy who did the dreamcast startup theme (that wa-WHEEEEESH) sound did lack of love.

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
HOLY FUCK

EVERYONE DOWNLOAD THE GAME "FLUID" FOR THE PLAYSTATION.

The whole game.. you're controlling a dolphin swimming around and every button you press controls certain sounds, so you make songs as you're swimming... it's a LOT cooler than it sounds, because each "level" is a whole new pack of samples/sounds.. like, a really dark ocean goes with dark rave music and each of the shape buttons controls, like, a supermodulated synth or a 909 thing or whatever, and as you swim up or down it changes notes/frequencies and you can even change the bpm and rhythms, and it ALL goes with the video.

It's INSANE.

Blows my mind.

Imagine Electroplankton but 100x cooler and 10 years sooner!

FLUID!

quoting myself to say that this was released in japan as "DEPTH", in europe as "FLUID".

but it's still no LOL (Lack of Love).

But it's even better than LSD: Dream Emulator!

Oh, yeah, you all should check out PARANOIASCAPE for the psx, too. The weirdest game i've ever played. Seriously.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 07:30 PM

That's incredible. ^ (the trivia bit)

I really like the game's visual style.

My DC collection is actually pretty solid now. About 30 games I think. Lots of imported fighters, and cool cool toon! I decided I liked the console too much to only have burned copies of everything.

I even bought Seaman. I got way too bored with it before he even hatched. Next.

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 07:34 PM

http://dcisozone.com/downloads/358/L...k-Of-Love.html if ya need a burn

fuck yeah the dreamcast is the best system ever

that's so rad you have COOL COOL TOON!

D2 is my favorite game I own. THat and BANGAI-O. I "own" about 20 dc games and have a bunch of burns. I am going to burn STURMWIND. That company is making another game, can't remember the name... GUN something.. but it's a 2D shooter a la GUNSTAR HEROES/GUNNERS HEAVEN/TURRICAN/CONTRA/etc and it looks rad as fuck.

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 07:39 PM

LOL to GOLD COBRA while smokin a spliff

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 07:44 PM

I own...

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
Blue Stinger
Campcom vs Snk (JP)
Centipede
Chu CHu Rocket
Cool Cool Toon (JP)
D2
Elemental Gimmick Gear
Grandia II
Jet Grind Radio
Marvel vs Capcom (JP)
Ms Pac Man's Maze Madness
NBA 2k1
PSO v2
RE 3
Code Veronica
Seaman
Shenmue
Soul Calibur (JP)
Space Channel 5 (i actually got to take off the shrink wrap!)

Then of course all the burned titles I haven't replaced yet.

And oh man I got like the nicest official carrying case ever.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 07:49 PM

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I own...

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
Blue Stinger
Campcom vs Snk (JP)
Centipede
Chu CHu Rocket
Cool Cool Toon (JP)
D2
Elemental Gimmick Gear
Grandia II
Jet Grind Radio
Marvel vs Capcom (JP)
Ms Pac Man's Maze Madness
NBA 2k1
PSO v2
RE 3
Code Veronica
Seaman
Shenmue
Soul Calibur (JP)
Space Channel 5 (i actually got to take off the shrink wrap!)

Then of course all the burned titles I haven't replaced yet.

And oh man I got like the nicest official carrying case ever.

Quite a collection, I got a few of those... main ones that I own you might find cool are d2, bangai-o, ikaruga, and rez. Whee whee! OH YEAH -- got MAKEN X wrapped. I got a burnt I've played, weird/cool game.

I really should get aroun to getting Grandia 2 one of these days...

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 08:12 PM

Yeah, I have a burned copy of Rez. I love that game. Own D2 already (i can't believe how many genres it blends... I didnt see that coming) and have ikaruga for Gamecube.

I still need to buy...

Typing of the Dead
Rez
Cosmic Smash
MArs Matrix
Cannon Spike
Bangai O
Sonic Adventure
Tech Romancer
Dynamite Cop
Giga Wing
Soul Reaver

and Sword of the Berzerk.

I think I might feel "complete" enough then.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 08:13 PM

oh and lack of love of course haha

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 08:14 PM

All those are solid games, though I thought Sword of the Berzerk was pretty repetetive. All the rest ruled me in some ways though.

I think I want to buy DUX

I just saw LSD: DREAM EMULATOR is bleemcasted. Hilarious!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 08:16 PM

I almost bought a copy of that. Looks like a cool R-Type clone. You can find it for $20 or so if you look in the right places.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 08:42 PM

MOnster Party is the coolest game ever.

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 08:44 PM

I'm trying to beat my favorite nes game

god this game rules. ninja gaiden meets mario 2 meets mega man 2 meets... itself. insane shit.

Derek 07.14.2011 08:46 PM

Wario Ware
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Super Monkey Ball
Any other gamecube game I could find for cheap.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 09:04 PM

^ you should try to find P.N.03

I dunno where you shop, but every GameStop around here has it for $2.99 - it's a minimalist-CAPCOM-arcade-techno-dance-shooter with a hot babe in skin tight clothing.

Definitely more worthwhile than something like Billy Hatcher imho.

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 09:07 PM

Yeah strange you mentioned PN03 because the guy who made DUX listed it as an influence. It's DEFINITELY worth $3. Probably wouldn't have been worth $60 though, haha.

As far as Cube games go.. uh.. PIKMIN, IKARUGA, the ZELDAS, PAPER MARIO, RE4, uh yeah. Metroid is my favorite game series of all time but I thought Primes were overrated. But get those too.

Derek 07.14.2011 09:10 PM

I have Pikmin, Ikaruga doesn't go cheap and neither does Paper Mario, I have the Zeldas, RE4 and the Metroid Primes.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 09:12 PM

Killer7

GET IT

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 09:13 PM

oh well yeah

killer7 is, along with ico, the best game of that generation. I'd give the edge to the ps2 version. BUT on the other hand, the cube version of re4 is way better than the ps2 version, even if the ps2 version has extra content. gotta love capcom.

I'd sell you my paper mario and cube ikaruga (replaced with my cast) if I still had it derk. I traded all my cube shit a while back for.. uh.. can't remember now. This laptop I think. I used to also have like 200 genesis games but I traded all those. I only have a ps2 and a dreamcast at the moment and it's all I really need.

OH

DEREK

GET TALES OF SYMPHONIA

I put like 80 hours into that.

Derek 07.14.2011 09:15 PM

I should probably mention that I'm not really a serious gamer, most of the games I like are kinda cutesy and fun so I'm not into shooters or whatevz.

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 09:16 PM

well, killer7 is cutesy as hell

ps:

atsonicpark 07.14.2011 09:17 PM

derek, this will convince you to get killer7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xi-CxR-a2o

RAVE ON (best song ever)

Next please. Where to? The Veniculum Gate? Let me take those. Yes. All recieved. Go right on ahead.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.14.2011 09:24 PM

I think you can find Donkey Kong Jungle Beat really cheap. It's a Donkey Kong side-scroller that you control using the DK bongos (and clapping). I actually like it more than the new DKC Returns for the Wii.

I'd also recommend Puyo Pop Fever, Hunter: The Gathering (especially if you play with friends), Eternal Darkness and Chibi-Robo!