Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Unpopular Musical Opinions (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=972)

SonicSam 04.28.2007 07:20 AM

hahaha yeah the band!!

sarramkrop 04.28.2007 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSam
hahaha yeah the band!!

This lot?
http://mdid10.home.mindspring.com/

SonicSam 04.28.2007 08:17 AM

yup, interpol sound just like them, or from what I hear coming out of my sisters stereo now again, I'm not that fimiliar with interpol songs.

Danny Himself 04.28.2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom

pet sounds sucks.

We can't go on anymore.

sarramkrop 04.28.2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

yup, interpol sound just like them, or from what I hear coming out of my sisters stereo now again, I'm not that fimiliar with interpol songs.

You have a point, i can hear similarities between the two bands.

Torn Curtain 04.28.2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom

pet sounds sucks.

We can't go on anymore.

Pet Sounds has some of the best melodies and harmonies ever written, it's a fact.

SonicSam 04.28.2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
Pet Sounds has some of the best melodies and harmonies ever written, it's a fact.

Go listen to something with some balls in. Pet sounds fuckin sucks.

Torn Curtain 04.28.2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Noise-rock fan snobbery sucks too.

MellySingsDoom 04.28.2007 10:48 AM

My unpopular personal opinions?

- The Beatles are hugely over-rated
- The Clash were always crap
- Abba were a better and more consistent pop band than the Beach Boys.

I can't imagine anyone's going to like me for the above, but, y'know, that's what I feel.

k-krack 04.28.2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laila
majority of SY songs are annoying and hurt my ears. Sorry but screeching guitar noise is not music.

Holy fuck... why was she here to begin with? I can now say I'm glad she lkeft, without even knowing her...

* Bob Dylan is an utter bore.
* Bob Marley is an utter fucking bore (even more so, and that says a lot).
* The Beatles... same deal. I will give them respect, but I will not have the patience to listen to their boring-ass albums. Save for maybe three songs from the White Album and one from Sgt Peppers.]
* I do believe that people who say Nirvana "sucks" are idiots, and just trying to look cooler.
* Beck has much more crap than he has good.

Onani Nic 04.28.2007 11:05 AM

Prince is better than Beck.
Most current indie-rock lyrics are cringe worthy.
Spinal Tap wrote some of the most clever lyrics EVER.
On commercial radio or MTV the rap and pop music is much better than the rock music.

Danny Himself 04.28.2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

k-krack 04.28.2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onani Nic
Prince is better than Beck.

I lol'd.
PLEASE tell me you are kidding. Prince is a fucking piece of scatty shit. It amazes me how such a fucking cunt could still make the EXACT SAME MUSIC he made in the eighties and people buy it. It's actually infuritating. I honestly heard his new fucking single, and I didn't even realize it was supposed to be "new" until someone told me it was new.

val-holla-ing 04.28.2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
I lol'd.
PLEASE tell me you are kidding. Prince is a fucking piece of scatty shit. It amazes me how such a fucking cunt could still make the EXACT SAME MUSIC he made in the eighties and people buy it. It's actually infuritating. I honestly heard his new fucking single, and I didn't even realize it was supposed to be "new" until someone told me it was new.

you can't be serious. i'll shit on you. i'll eat meat and take a meaty shit on your face.

val-holla-ing 04.28.2007 11:16 AM

nirvana sucks.

sarramkrop 04.28.2007 11:17 AM

beck Has Always Wanted To Be Prince!!!!!

!!!!!!:) :) :)

k-krack 04.28.2007 11:19 AM

So what, he kicks Prince's ass into the next millenia. Prince has, metaphorically, one song. Beck at least has the balls to change it up all the time, no album is just a rehash of prior albums.

sarramkrop 04.28.2007 11:29 AM

When Doves Cry
Purple Rain
Sign Of The Times
Raspberry Beret
Anastacia

Do these songs sound all the same? I don't think so.

val-holla-ing 04.28.2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

So what, he kicks Prince's ass into the next millenia. Prince has, metaphorically, one song. Beck at least has the balls to change it up all the time, no album is just a rehash of prior albums.

i think you missed the part where beck drank from the purple grail in an attempt to be like prince, but failed miserably and shriveled up like on indiana jones.

whether beck has the balls to change anything up isn't the question. he does that....and usually fails at it.

prince rogers nelson > a scientologist who thinks he's the ghost of james brown past.

luxinterior 04.28.2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

I lol'd.

I'm sorry but that's completely retarded.

As for Beck, well, he really needs to make up his mind, because he's been crap for a while now. He's the sort of person who thinks that his own records need to imitate whatever he's listening to at the time. And they really don't need to, because that is also a crap way to go about having a career in music.

Danny Himself 04.28.2007 12:10 PM

Beck hasn't had a great album out since Mutations. All his others are fine, yeah, but I never really listen to them.

luxinterior 04.28.2007 12:18 PM

One Foot in the Grave was his best album. I haven't listened to him in a really long time though. He is one of those people who I kept giving another chance to even though he would almost always be complete crap and I should just sell the albums of his that I do have because I'll probably never get the urge to put them on again. I have a lot of things that I need to sell though, not just music, I mean I really need to clear out my room and stop spending money on things like music and all sorts of useless crap. All it does is create clutter and I don't need any of it around anyway.

luxinterior 04.28.2007 12:20 PM

I guess that in itself might be an unpopular musical opinion, that I routinely get the urge to just trash all the music that I own, even the stuff that I think is decent.

MellySingsDoom 04.28.2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxinterior
One Foot in the Grave

Stupid me thought for a moment this was referring to the Z'Ev 2CD retrospective set. Whoops!

sarramkrop 04.28.2007 12:24 PM

It's not a bad thing at all, Luxinterior. Perhaps you analize it and put it into perspective because of the connection that it has to your daily experiences. I find that it is a mature thing to do.

Edit - Luxinterior

timtimtim 04.28.2007 12:28 PM

Day Dream Nation is one of my least favorite Sonic Youth albums

luxinterior 04.28.2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Stupid me thought for a moment this was referring to the Z'Ev 2CD retrospective set. Whoops!

Oh that's not stupid.

Anyway I think I'm just preoccupied with the idea of a clean slate, I mean I often feel bogged down by possessions. I know I could live simply, and I think it would be more satisfying than how things are now.

The other day my mom asked me why I've never copied any of the DVDs I get from Netflix. I really never thought about doing it. I just wouldn't want to.

sarramkrop 04.28.2007 01:28 PM

This is the best pop punk album of the last 300 years.

nicfit 04.28.2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
When Doves Cry
Purple Rain
Sign Of The Times
Raspberry Beret
Anastacia

Do these songs sound all the same? I don't think so.

black sweat!

Danny Himself 04.28.2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxinterior
One Foot in the Grave was his best album.

That's right. It's one of my top ten albums for sure.

fugazifan 04.28.2007 06:05 PM

as much as i have tried to like him, beck does not interest me.
-"indie rock" is one of the most boring genres ever. stop trying to sound like pavement, they were good, you are not.

unpolpular indie opinions-
led zeppelin fucking rocked!
rush kick ass!
same goes for the who, queen and many other classic rock artists.
mtv2 is worse than mtv.
the NME is one of the worst thing to happen to music

i love "standard" classical music ie waltez(blue danube) ballet, and almost anything written before the 20th century. ( i also love modern claasics, bu the standard stuff is still great)

im not the biggest fan of charlie parker or much of miles davis.
and based soley on his album amandala, everything else that miles davis wrote should be forgotten, it is that bad.

and whomever said that bob dylan is boring, you are wrong. fact.

i think thats it for now.

SonicSam 04.28.2007 06:56 PM

Quote:

Prince is a fucking piece of scatty shit.

hahahaha I'm not gonna argue with that.

SonicSam 04.28.2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
the NME is one of the worst thing to happen to music

never a truer word spoke

ZEROpumpkins 04.28.2007 07:42 PM

Ramones sucked after Rocket to Russia.

Onani Nic 04.29.2007 08:45 AM

Andrew WK not only makes great music but is an inspirational human being.

atsonicpark 04.29.2007 08:50 AM

Hang On The Box!!!!!!!

Toilet & Bowels 04.29.2007 09:02 AM

Quote:

I lol'd.

i don't even like prince that much, but are you stupid?

beck put out some decent singles, but that's about all that can be said about him.

demonrail666 04.29.2007 09:08 AM

Jimmy Eat World do Husker Du better than Husker Du

sarramkrop 04.29.2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Jimmy Eat World do Husker Du better than Husker Du

Shut up. That really annoyed me, and i think i've voiced my opinions on Jimmy Eats Turds to you before.:)

MellySingsDoom 04.29.2007 09:23 AM

More unpopularity:

Henry Rollins was the least effective Black Flag singer. Dez Cadena was much better.
Bryan Gregory had a better guitar sound than Poison Ivy, and so was a better guitarist ful stop than her.
Wings were the band that the Beatles should have been.
Bob Bert was the best drummer Sonic Youth ever had.
TATU were/are a not bad at all pop band.