Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Do you males on this board ever feel any shame about the way you view women? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39960)

space 06.02.2010 02:08 PM

yo. rob just admitted that he checks out dudes.

GAY.

Rob Instigator 06.02.2010 02:10 PM

recognizing it and being irresistibly drawn to it are two separate issues. I think it is more about the latter when we talk about some men objectifying women.

wonder what femenist's think of Sex & the City 2 where Kim Catrall's character fellates a hookah in Abu Dhabi to "impress" an Arab guy?

I know many women who think this show caters to the worst stereotypes of women, and the same amount that say it is a parable of empowerment or some other such shit.

who can say?

Genteel Death 06.02.2010 02:10 PM

Nobody was questioning rob's sexuality. As if there was any need to.

Rob Instigator 06.02.2010 02:13 PM

space is dreamin.

Rob Instigator 06.02.2010 02:14 PM

he cannot get over my natural latin heat.

!@#$%! 06.02.2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
Oh I think I get it now. Was he trying to say there are two types of women:

a- the ones who make it ok to see them as boob/ass because they're poor little things and put themselves up for that.

b- the ones who are smart and awesome and actually do have a personality and these ones cannot be talked about sexually because respect and sexuality cannot mix? right.

I guess what this says is even more sinister.

yeah, that would be a dangerous line of thought to pursue, would it?

that's not what i meant, but i'd like to discuss it. discussing gender is almost as touchy as discussing race, but it needs to be done.

i just wanted to say hi, but i have to take a friend to the airport in a few minutes and i'll check back later. said friend is a woman and is smart and awesome by the way, ha ha ha. i don't objectify her :P (im joking, dammit!)

ok i gotta go but stick around later if you can. i don't get a chance to discuss this kind of stuff on the internet very often-- at least with people i like and in a thoughtful manner.

Glice 06.02.2010 02:16 PM

Has the big gay Rob gag come back again? Yay! That was one of my favourites, up there with gmku is the internet.

Genteel Death 06.02.2010 02:17 PM

You do seem to become a little defensive when challenged, if I think of it.

space 06.02.2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Has the big gay Rob gag come back again? Yay! That was one of my favourites, up there with gmku is the internet.

we only have you to thank for that gag; well, and the fact that rob checks out dudes.

space 06.02.2010 02:19 PM

next up: BRADDERS.

Glice 06.02.2010 02:21 PM

What do you mean, next up Bradders? Bradders is clearly happy being an asexual worm of some sort. Unlike Big Gay cock lovin' Rob, who wouldn't mind a worm of a different sort, if you know what I mean.

Rob Instigator 06.02.2010 02:21 PM

gaying out with you guys is the greatest thing to ever happen to my heterosexual love life.

space 06.02.2010 02:26 PM

rob, when you find yrself looking at this picture, do you think "I wonder if I could fit them all inside my butt??"

EVOLghost 06.02.2010 02:29 PM

space 06.02.2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

What do you mean, next up Bradders?

bradders obviously hates being called bradders as much as rob clearly loves the cock.

amerikangod 06.02.2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

You said 'the entirety'. If you'd said 'the official dogma', I wouldn't have been a cock. Now you've made me look like a cock in front of my friends. And I'm on my period so I look fat and bloated and MY HANDS LOOK LIKE FUCKING WATERMELONS. I'm going to be single forever aren't I? GOD I NEED SOME CHOCOLATE.

Lars Von Trier-sian depictions of women are the most honest and accurate.

Genteel Death 06.02.2010 02:41 PM

when rob ''instigator'' posts pics of himself my natural, human inclination can't help thinking YEEEAAAH CHECK DAT ASS!!

Rob Instigator 06.02.2010 02:43 PM

the question that would help shine light on this thread is

"Do gay men ever feel shame at the way they objectify other men?"

Do lesbian women objectify other women? Is it purely a male thing?

Rob Instigator 06.02.2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
when rob ''instigator'' posts pics of himself my natural, human inclination can't help thinking YEEEAAAH CHECK DAT ASS!!

all the gay boys wanna tap this, but they all cry in rejection. ;)

Genteel Death 06.02.2010 02:50 PM

Plenty of fish in the water and all that...
Of course some gay dudes and lesbians objectify as much as anyone. It's not less tedious when they make it the main topic of almost all conversations.