Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   how much pot do you smoke in a given day? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=19988)

Cantankerous 02.25.2008 09:53 PM

it's okay, i'll just go to the convenience store down the street. it's a little more expensive, but i like to help out a small business.

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 02.25.2008 09:55 PM

its good because you're basically just quoting lines at each other and yet its so entertaining. is there room for another one in your cell?

HaydenAsche 02.25.2008 09:58 PM

Oh, fuck off.

Cantankerous 02.25.2008 10:00 PM

once my mom was eating a cake i made at like 3 AM in the kitchen and i creeped up and did the bruce voice...the creepy one like when he's jaws
"oh hey. i see you there enjoyin' that cake i made. mmmm yummy." etc etc

Cantankerous 02.25.2008 10:03 PM

"and look! it's diane wiest."

ALIEN ANAL 02.25.2008 10:04 PM

oh yeh? what else?

krastian 02.25.2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
aunt beru?

Owen, he can't stay here forever. Most of his friends have gone....it means so much to him.

HaydenAsche 02.25.2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
once my mom was eating a cake i made at like 3 AM in the kitchen and i creeped up and did the bruce voice...the creepy one like when he's jaws
"oh hey. i see you there enjoyin' that cake i made. mmmm yummy." etc etc

Haha. That's funny.

I like that male new reporter too.

"Look, I'm turning down the thermostat. See Diane's erect nipples tonight at 10."

Cantankerous 02.25.2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
oh yeh? what else?

when peter falls off the bar on top of joan cusack and stuffs her into a mailbox.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Haha. That's funny.

I like that male new reporter too.

"Look, I'm turning down the thermostat. See Diane's erect nipples tonight at 10."

haha tom tucker
"coming up, diane's weight!"

HaydenAsche 02.25.2008 10:07 PM

Remember when Peter gave up drinking for crack?

Cantankerous 02.25.2008 10:09 PM

yes.

what the hell are you doing?
crack.
where'd you get crack.
from blacks.
what the fuck?
yeah, behind black's hardware store. there's a white guy selling it.

GUB'MENT TOOK MY BAAAAYYYYBAAAH

HaydenAsche 02.25.2008 10:10 PM

Did you bring back the tv?

Nope. Sold it for crack.

Cantankerous 02.25.2008 10:12 PM

haha when the asian reporter humps david bowie's leg

or when those two old timey moustached dudes come out of nowhere and lift weights and talk about calisthenics

batreleaser 02.25.2008 10:37 PM

when i was a pothead (14-17ish18ish) id smoke anywhere from a couple g's to a half ounce a day. now i never smoke pot, after a while it started to have all the negative effects on me (parnaoia, self conciousness, munchies, lethargy) and none of the good (relaxation, gigglyness, decreased inhitibition, increased sensual awareness). i pretty much got bored with all drugs by the time i was 19, painpills, smack, coke, e, acid, mushies, i used to do em all, but then just started to bore, didnt gimme a thrill. now i go for a drink on the weekends but thats about it.

gmku 02.25.2008 11:02 PM

I don't need drugs. Just coffee and beer.

batreleaser 02.25.2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I don't need drugs. Just coffee and beer.

coffee beer and cigs are the only drugs i still consume, well, bacardi rum too.

gmku 02.25.2008 11:15 PM

Yeah, once in a while wine, though it tends to give me a slight headache. And rum once in a while.

The problem with beer is, it tends to make me tired.

!@#$%! 02.25.2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Yeah, once in a while wine, though it tends to give me a slight headache. And rum once in a while.

The problem with beer is, it tends to make me tired.

maybe not tired but sleepy-- that's what hops do. hops are a well-known sleeping aid. that's why beer is so "relaxing".

if you need stimulation-- try absinthe?

re: headache. try an organic wine. you could be allergic to sulphites. i love red truck-- organic, delicious, and on sale for $6 at my local supermarket.

i got a few bottles of red truck petit syrah that fucking rules. and for $6, one just can't say no.

gmku 02.25.2008 11:36 PM

Hops are related to the cannibis family, no?

I drink beer for the taste. I love the flavor (and the aroma, palate, all of it) of very good, heavy beers, like Belgian ales. If they made that kind non-alcoholic, I'd still drink it--though most beer fans will tell you that the alcohol is also part of the taste.

!@#$%! 02.25.2008 11:40 PM

no idea about the hops-pot connection, except as a quasi-anagram (a mute h and s is before t and oh never mind).

anyway hm beer without alcohol tastes mostly terrible, with the exception of some german beer-- beck's drive or something? passable-- and that guinness alternate what kaliber or something, i forget.

but i was referring to the beer makign you tired.

last night i had a couple of whiskey sours the first was gonna send me to bed the 2nd/3rd (it was a long one) kept me awake for a couple of hours. i tend to get wired w/ booze.